Trying to Root my Thunderbolt

Mac_Man

Reaction score
I have a Thunderbolt running 2.3.4 I also have a Mac computer running 10.6.7 How do I properly root a Thunderbolt on a iMac?

4130Man

Reaction score
Rooting thunderbolt with OS X

Abe,

I also want to root my TB, currently running Gingerbread, on my Mac (OSX v 10.6.8). The one post in that forum you linked has a video that's been removed. I don't mind getting myself into command line stuff in the terminal, I've seen threads like that before, but not since Gingerbread. Any thoughts or other links?

4130Man

Reaction score
Ok, just watched the pre-root video. Is that still valid? If that will work, I'll try it next week. (Don't want to risk bricking my phone in the middle of CES...).

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Be sure to download the DF app to stay with us on the go

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using.. magic.

jerrod1980

Reaction score
I have rooted two of my wifes tbolts on froyo but i just went in and purchased a new one for myself. It is 2.3.4 and on the 605.9. Revolutionary only works with 605.5 and lower. Everyone is saying downgrade, downgrade its simple. Ive tried everything. Ive downloaded ruu.exe's and tried putting the img.zip on the root of my sd and two button starting the phone but alas i still have a new thunderbolt with an ulocked bootloader(courtesy of htc dev) running stock gb and s-on. Help anyone please

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome!

Good luck on rooting your Tbolt!