Trying to root bionic

WarMachin3

Reaction score
Ok so I ran the one click root program to root this bad boy and well it ran its process and there is no super user app that has shown up. Just confused now

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
OP
WarMachin3

WarMachin3

Reaction score
Yes it is 886 and I followed that method mentioned above. I have used that same thing on a few x2 and 1 Droid 3 so I know it works. Ill give it another go when I get home I also tried a reboot and a battery pull no luck there. I'm thinking ill try the new one and see what happens. My goal is to root then load liberty I had alot of luck with that Tom in the past. Also are there any r2 port overs? I had him as my previous phone and loved the boot screen and locker.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes it is 886 and I followed that method mentioned above. I have used that same thing on a few x2 and 1 Droid 3 so I know it works. Ill give it another go when I get home I also tried a reboot and a battery pull no luck there. I'm thinking ill try the new one and see what happens. My goal is to root then load liberty I had alot of luck with that Tom in the past. Also are there any r2 port overs? I had him as my previous phone and loved the boot screen and locker.

Coming from the D1, I kept using power button in recovery and instead of backing up in menu, it tried to reboot recovery. Since everything is 2nd init now, that option didn't work. I had already wiped data/cache so it rebooted into android stock/unrooted. I had to reroot and flash the bionic recovery, did this 3 times by accident :eek: but had no problems with rooting using the thread I posted. I hope you get your issue figured out, not sure why its not working for you. I assume your computer is detecting your phone and you do have the Motorola drivers installed?

sent from my liberated bionic using Droid forums