Unable to get Bionic back to factory

reaser02

Reaction score
I ran Minimal FXZ to restore my bionic and everytime it fails at 4/5. I power up phone and and it goes directly to Fast Boot Flash mode (Flash Fail) and I have to hold the volume buttons and power then use the normal power up. When I go to about phone it has original programming. Wondering if anyone else has had this happen. Im new to this and the guy who rooted it for me is unavailable. Any sugestions? Thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

indee2025

Reaction score
Need some more info on your issue....

You are rooted, did you run a custom rom?

Did you delete any apps or freeze any apps (E.G. blockbuster, amazon mp3)?

When you rooted did you use a developer's custom kernal? If so, since using the kernal have you replaced it with the stock kernal before attempting to root?

I ask these questions because they will help in determining where the issue is occurring...

OP
R

reaser02

Reaction score
It was rooted with Petes one click root and i did the upgrade to 5.893 and lost root acess but super user was still on phone. Tried to use petes to un root without sucess. Didnt delete apps or use custom rom. Only wanted root for hotspot. Sending back for warranty replacment now. I keep seeing posts about backing up and not sure what that means. I have 3 days to figure this out.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
if you're returning it you might be in trouble.
rooting/flashing unsupported ROM's *can* void your warranty.

they dont always check for these things, but dont be surprised if you have a charge for full retail for the replacement they're sending you.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP
R

reaser02

Reaction score
Thank you, that link and program did it. Im back stock and working good.

konellaz

Reaction score
well after i saved it i opened the image in like paint or something.....then did save as....then changed the file extension to .jpg or whatever....i think anyways

Yup yup.. 4th bionic here.. That's what I've done, and I received my text today.. Shipment received.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

cebosound

Reaction score
Thanks alot. this method worked perfectly in getting my Bionic back to stock. It allowed me to return the phone for exchange with out any issues.

DroidMedic

Reaction score
Back to factory

Do you still have a copy of the file you used to go back to factory. Droid theory is no longer allowing people to use it. I have 5 days.

burner415

Reaction score
cant get bionic back to 5.9.905

I have tried many times with rsd lite 5.7 to get bionic back to stock and it fails each and every time
can soneone tell me other ways/options to get this done

mattjenn

Reaction score
I have tried many times with rsd lite 5.7 to get bionic back to stock and it fails each and every time
can soneone tell me other ways/options to get this done

Do you have newest Motorola drivers installed ? Also make sure you are using data cable that came with phone. I had a problem cause I used cable that came with my Droid 4 change to one that came with bionic and it worked perfectly. http://droidmodderx.com/bionic/bionic-files-official-ota-files-fxz-files-root-files-ect/ . This is link I pulled my fxz file from. Hope this helps you

Fadtydawg

Reaction score
This post no longer in use JB soak is out. :D

Last edited: