Trouble getting picture messages...

zachking88

Reaction score
I've had my Eris for about a month now and the whole time I've had it, I've been having some interesting problems regarding my picture messages.
Every now and then, the pics will come through just fine, no problems, but 90 percent of the time I get a box in the messaging thread that has a "Download" button. When I click the button, I get a message that says "Message not downloaded. Retransmission scheduled for (whatever time)." No matter how many times I click that button, the message stays the same and the picture doesn't come through.
Here's the funny thing though, sometimes the pictures will come from the wrong contact; for instance, my friend just sent me a picture and it came through under my brother's message thread like he had sent it. My mind is blown about that one.
Anyone else having/had this problem?

juarez32

Reaction score
I've had my Eris for about a month now and the whole time I've had it, I've been having some interesting problems regarding my picture messages.
Every now and then, the pics will come through just fine, no problems, but 90 percent of the time I get a box in the messaging thread that has a "Download" button. When I click the button, I get a message that says "Message not downloaded. Retransmission scheduled for (whatever time)." No matter how many times I click that button, the message stays the same and the picture doesn't come through.
Here's the funny thing though, sometimes the pictures will come from the wrong contact; for instance, my friend just sent me a picture and it came through under my brother's message thread like he had sent it. My mind is blown about that one.
Anyone else having/had this problem?

im having the same problem can anybody help

evo523

Reaction score
I read on another forum that your pictures won't download if you are connected via Wi-Fi. I was having the same issue, and just turned off my Wi-Fi and clicked download, the the picture message downloaded.

Try it and see if it works!

OP
zachking88

zachking88

Reaction score
It actually got solved way back when 2.0 finally came out for it. Don't know what the deal was.

DLC2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
I had the same problem, and I just now realized my SD card was jam packed with images. I deleted the bad videos and pics, giving myself room to freely download like before. Hopefully this works for you guys as well.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I had the same problem, and I just now realized my SD card was jam packed with images. I deleted the bad videos and pics, giving myself room to freely download like before. Hopefully this works for you guys as well.
You do realize that this thread is from like 4 years ago, don't you? Haha! Glad you got yours fixed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DLC2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
Yep. As soon as I sent, I realized I'm an idiot. *facepalm*