Tried to update phone and now I have an expensive paperweight!

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by dumbmoron, Oct 27, 2012.

1. dumbmoron

dumbmoron New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Last night I tried to use my phone and received a dialogue box asking whether I want to update my phone. I thought, "Well, I've been putting it off for weeks, might as well." The "up to ten minutes" wait turned into hours and I ended up going to bed while it was still "upgrading and starting applications." Now my phone is stuck on a screen that just says "Droid." I liked my phone a lot better before the update. I was able to make calls, text, use apps, etc. Don't get me wrong--looking at a screen with "Droid" staring back at me is kind of cool, but it's a one-trick pony.

Being a techie moron, what should I do? I currently plan to take this paperweight to a Verizon Store tomorrow morning unless someone can guide me through a self-fix process.

Thanks all.

2. chickaholic

chickaholic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is fixable. Take it to the store or call tech support. Either can fix it or talk you through the process for free.

3. LoudRam

LoudRam Senior Member

Ratings:
    +146
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto X
    If your phone wasn't rooted then they are responsible for your problem so they should be able to fix it just like chick said. And if they can't, they owe you a phone (IMHO).

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums