Tried to update phone and now I have an expensive paperweight!

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by dumbmoron, Oct 27, 2012.

1. dumbmoron

dumbmoron New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Last night I tried to use my phone and received a dialogue box asking whether I want to update my phone. I thought, "Well, I've been putting it off for weeks, might as well." The "up to ten minutes" wait turned into hours and I ended up going to bed while it was still "upgrading and starting applications." Now my phone is stuck on a screen that just says "Droid." I liked my phone a lot better before the update. I was able to make calls, text, use apps, etc. Don't get me wrong--looking at a screen with "Droid" staring back at me is kind of cool, but it's a one-trick pony.

Being a techie moron, what should I do? I currently plan to take this paperweight to a Verizon Store tomorrow morning unless someone can guide me through a self-fix process.

Thanks all.

2. chickaholic

chickaholic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is fixable. Take it to the store or call tech support. Either can fix it or talk you through the process for free.

3. LoudRam

LoudRam Silver Member

Ratings:
    +308
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G7
    Twitter:
    @Loudram
    If your phone wasn't rooted then they are responsible for your problem so they should be able to fix it just like chick said. And if they can't, they owe you a phone (IMHO).

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums