tried rooting, stuck in boot loop-HELP

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
ok, i think i'm rooted. now i install that aokop 39 at this point, right?

(yeah it installed su.zip the second time i tried onto the card, went through the steps/reboot. had to you clockwork touch to get it to work)

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sure. Didn't know you were looking to move from stock. You could have just flashed aokp and it would have rooted you since its pre-installed rooted. :p

Just make sure you wipe data/cache then flash rom and gapps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
ok, i think i'm rooted. now i install that aokop 39 at this point, right?

(yeah it installed su.zip the second time i tried onto the card, went through the steps/reboot. had to you clockwork touch to get it to work)

Yeah, you can. Really you didn't need to root in order to install a custom ROM, as long as you have a custom recovery you could have installed the custom ROM. Make sure you follow the instructions of the ROM install method, like wiping, and installing GApps if the ROM requires them (AOKP does).

And apparently I type slow as I got beated.

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
Sure. Didn't know you were looking to move from stock. You could have just flashed aokp and it would have rooted you since its pre-installed rooted. :p

Just make sure you wipe data/cache then flash rom and gapps.

how do i install that aokop 38? is that superuser app supposed to be in my phone?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
how do i install that aokop 38? is that superuser app supposed to be in my phone?

Yes. Super user is 100% supposed to be in your app drawer. Flash aokp the same way you flashed the su.zip. You just have to wipe data/cache before you flash the ROM. Then flash gapps over the top of that.

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
Yes. Super user is 100% supposed to be in your app drawer. Flash aokp the same way you flashed the su.zip. You just have to wipe data/cache before you flash the ROM. Then flash gapps over the top of that.

appreciate all your help. where can i download a good copy of that aokop 38? the link in his sig line doesn't have a place to download it.

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
and how do i get that rom onto my phone, will android file transfer work? i don't see an option for 'sdcard'

do i download all three "mirrors"?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
No. Pick 1 Toro download link and the gapps link.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
and how do i get that rom onto my phone, will android file transfer work? i don't see an option for 'sdcard'

do i download all three "mirrors"?

By the way, I'm very excited for you. Glad you finally took the plunge. I think you'll be a very happy customer on AOKP.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
By the way, I'm very excited for you. Glad you finally took the plunge. I think you'll be a very happy customer on AOKP.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

thanks! i've got them both on my phone, what do i do now? click on them?