I think I hardbricked my phone. Halp.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
now what on earth is this new bootloader screen which says, "Downloading... do not turn off target!"

:S

that is samsungs 's ODIN mode.. after flashing everything in fastboot did your phone not boot normally?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's Odin mode. You only held volume down and power. You have to hold volume up, volume down, and power to get to the boot loader.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
H

Hozzie

Reaction score
well now it has been a good 5 mins something must be wrong again

lazarus2297

Reaction score
no it did not =(

hmms thats very odd you made sure you flashed all the files listed in the "return to stock" thread correct.. I don't think i have heard of anyone not being able to recover their phone as long as they can get into fastboot..

if you can get back into fastboot just try flashing all the files again.. and this time don't pull the battery on the last reboot at all..

You could try flashing the samsung ODIN flash file here is a cut a paste from xda (since they don't like links to other sites..)

Full factory restore ODIN with radios (both LTE and CDMA), kernel and recovery. This will bring you back to the current unrooted 4.0.2 release of Android for the Galaxy Nexus.

*** WARNINGS AND NOTICES ***
** Flashing this will wipe ALL userdata and your sdcard partition!! Make a BACKUP AND COPY IT OFF OF YOUR PHONE!!!
** It will bring your device back to stock running Android 4.0.2 Build ICL53F with EK05 CDMA and EK02 LTE radios.
** It WILL NOT relock the boot loader. You must relock your bootloader after flashing this ODIN to be 100% factory

Instructions:

1. This assumes that you already have the Samsung driver installed, the phone is unplugged from the computer and turned off.
2. Download the 7zip file and Odin3.
3. Open Odin3
4. Connect the phone to the computer
5. Enter download mode (hold the vol down key and press power). Odin3 should now see the phone.
6. In Odin3 click 'PDA' and select the PDA ODIN file from the archive
7. In Odin3 click 'PHONE' and select the PHONE ODIN file from the archive
8. Click Start! After it is completed the phone will reboot. The Odin3 screen should look like at attached screen.

File: VzW-SCHi515-FactoryODIN-ICL53F-4.0.2.7z
Link: http://bit.ly/zEVmoP
md5 : b94776ca0102f8be02ccea90dcaaf271
Size: 158 MB

File: Odin3_v1.3.exe
Link: http://bit.ly/wcTDuO
md5 : a93c47f0589153249f453375be7d8643
Size: 406 KB

Inside the 7zip file:

File: VzW-PDA-ODIN-I515EL03_ICL53F_signed.tar
md5 : 6ff33e5b0d6b2da1c13824e0d90e97d9

File: VzW-PHONE-ODIN-SCH-I515.EK02_LTE.tar
md5 : b8d16828a1b777e4938834cba9e8f601

OP
H

Hozzie

Reaction score
Edit actually yea odin 3 still gone w/o megaupload

OP
H

Hozzie

Reaction score
well thanks all i'll try this again when i get the chance, though it's 9:30 now

would be much easier if i could connect and disconnect at will

night

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Any updates.. did you recover your phone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
H

Hozzie

Reaction score
Well I have no tried a couple of these nice options you guys have provided on 3 diff computers, but at some point, I guess I really gone done goofed something because now I can't get into bootloader or recovery at all. The best I can do is sometimes get that "charging" symbol to come on while plugging it in.

This is really awful. If I want to take it in to have someone try to fix it, can I do it in just any Verizon store, since Verizon is my carrier? Tho I'm getting the sense it has already seen the last of its days at this point.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
you can take it to a verizon store but they wont fix it.. they don't have technician in the stores and techincally since you "altered your software" your warranty if void.... although since the phone won't boot at all you might be able to get them to replace it and they won't specifically know that the phone has been "altered".. but that is up to you if you tell them you altered it they won't replace if you don't tell them chances are they will replace it...

OP
H

Hozzie

Reaction score
I might do that, I paid the peak price for the phone anyway. I wonder what the issue is. It had issues connecting to my comp though from the first couple of days I got it and when I went back about the connection they were saying "You need to download the driver software" "But I did..." "Try a different USB drive or computer" "But I did..." but then I got it to work when I used a USB cable I bought at another store. I've received all kinds of conflicting information about whether this is normal or not tho, it is a bit frustrating.

OP
H

Hozzie

Reaction score
Well it's always nice to walk into a store with a broken phone and walk out with a brand new one and $50 more than you came with. Iactually could have got a different phone without contract issues because it hadn't been 14 days yet but i liked my lovely nexus so much i decided to buy another on the spot :) and what lovely customer service too.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well it's always nice to walk into a store with a broken phone and walk out with a brand new one and $50 more than you came with. Iactually could have got a different phone without contract issues because it hadn't been 14 days yet but i liked my lovely nexus so much i decided to buy another on the spot :) and what lovely customer service too.

so you going to stay stock, or risk ****ing this one up too?

-=Jason=-