Tricks n' Tips!

TC_Mits

Reaction score
Thanks! At least now I know it's not my stupidity. I guess it's going back to Best Buy then. I've had a lot of dropped calls too and was wondering already if I got a lemon. According to VZ they did not get complaints about the D4 dropping calls.
Damn! I just had this thing as I like it! Well, it'll be interesting to see how well Backup pro's restore function works.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Please post your backup / restore results.

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app. )

LadyHottShott

Reaction score
1. Probably everyone knows by now, but double tap Home screen for me it now opens the My Music app but under Settings>Applications Double Tap Home Launch at the very bottom and you have a bunch of choices for that to open.

2. Posted this in another thread but with the camera on and the keyboard out press and hold the OK button below the enter button will focus and snap the pic. When your picture is highlighted in top left the OK button opens it in the gallery.
2a. The volume controls can zoom in and out (much smoother than sliding your finger on the screen.)

OMG Thank you for the note about the OK button to take pics - I am sooo much happier now! I was having trouble trying to hold my phone and then hit the camera button on the screen. You just helped me out big time! :)

LadyHottShott

Reaction score
There is this company who makes GoWidgets. They have a bunch of apps that you can customize everything with. You will be able to add as many screens as you want with it.

https://market.android.com/search?q=gowidget

Sorry total noob here... When you dl Go Launcher EX for example, do all your settings and app icons disappear? What if you change your mind, is it easy to uninstall?

I know, really dumb questions. I'd like to try it out, but I'm nervous lol

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Sorry total noob here... When you dl Go Launcher EX for example, do all your settings and app icons disappear? What if you change your mind, is it easy to uninstall?

It will "hide" your home screen, meaning the old home screen will not be wiped out. Go Launcher will have its own home screen settings and icons and layout, picture it sitting on top of the old home screen kind of. The old home screen will hide in the background but will not be erased or anything.

You can customize Go all you want, and then if you don't like it, uninstall it and you will go back to the old home screen with the icons and settings you had before installing Go. As far as I know it doesn't change any system settings, but it will temporarily override the old home screen settings - meaning if you have 3 home screens before installing Go, but tell Go to have 5 home screens, then that setting will be overridden. But as soon as you uninstall Go it will go back to your original setting of 3 home screens.

Does that make sense? It's a little hard to explain :) To answer your basic question, yes it's safe to test and you can easily revert back by uninstalling Go :)

SunsNut

Reaction score
ADW Launcher is really a great program. One thing that I haven't seen mentioned yet is if you don't like the icon that's assigned to a particular app you can change that as well. Just long press on an icon and it comes up with a bar that has Remove, Edit, Uninstall on it. Select Edit and then press the existing icon and it comes up with Select picture, Select and Crop picture and ADWTheme IconPacks. Select which one you want and you're good to go. I have used ADW since I got my first smartphone and really like it.

What I really miss from my Ally is the FULL date was always on my status bar. I downloaded an app that just places a tiny icon that has day and date in the status bar but if you have bad eyes you'd never be able to see the darn thing. I would love one that just shows "February 21, 2012". If someone knows of an app that does that I'd love to hear about it. Vickie