Transferring Video From Droid

porterbl1

Reaction score
I tried to find an answer to this through the search function, but I didn't have any luck. I took a 2 minute video. I want to upload it to my PC or post it to Facebook. I am not having any luck figuring this out on my own so I would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

-Becca

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Becca. You would do it just like you would do any other file. Mount your Droid to the PC using the USB. Use the pull down window on the Droid to mount to your computer. Open the SD card (it will pop up on your computer) and drag the video file to your desktop or wherever you choose.

Hope this helps.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Becca,
If you download Astro, a free app in the market and navigate to /sdcard/dcim/camera you will find the videos and pictures you have taken. Do a longpress on one of the files and select Send. From there you can transfer it via bluetooth, email it, send it via a txt message or send it to youtube. pics can go to facebook...more send options with pics than with videos it seems like.

Last edited:
OP
P

porterbl1

Reaction score
The SD card does not pop up at all. How would I get to it otherwise? Now a Zoombrowser (picture software from my Canon camera) box pops up and says: No images to download to the Memory card.

I do have pictures and videos on my phone.
-Becca

OP
P

porterbl1

Reaction score
Becca,
If you download Astro, a free app in the market and navigate to /sdcard/dcim/camera you will find the videos and pictures you have taken. Do a longpress on one of the files and select Send. From there you can transfer it via bluetooth, email it, send it via a txt message or send it to youtube. pics can go to facebook...more send options with pics than with videos it seems like.

Prob a dumb question but, do I download it to my phone or my computer? Thanks.

-Becca

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Astro? You download it from the Market to your phone. It's an app.:)

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yup, use the pre-installed Market app and search for Astro. It's a good tool that will let you navigate around the files on your phone. Let us know how you make out!

OP
P

porterbl1

Reaction score
Astro? You download it from the Market to your phone. It's an app.:)

Okay, to my credit I had figured that out and downloaded it before you commented back, lol.

I tried to send it, but the file is too large to email or message. Is there anything I can do now?

-Becca

OP
P

porterbl1

Reaction score
And then when you look at the new drive letter on your computer, it's not showing up?

Okay, I think I have got it! Thank you so much, all of you. I love it when I finally figure out something new.

-Becca

(My dad in Texas thanks you. He can finally see my two month old smiling.)