1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Transferring service

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by qoncept, Nov 10, 2009.

1. qoncept

qoncept Guest

I bought a Droid from a 3rd party that isn't transferring the service from my Blackberry, so I'll be doing it myself. I see there's a way to do it online, which is fine, but I'm not familiar enough with the plans to know what else I'll need.

After I use the phone activation thing on Verizon's website, will data work? I'm not sure how vzw handles BIS, do I need to call and make a change to my plan or anything?
  2. Jimbo

Jimbo New Member

I would not do it online - call and have it done by a Verizon rep. But if you do it online the software should be smart enough to change you off BB and onto a regular data plan since you only need the regular Verizon $29 data plan used on PDA's for this phone.
  3. texasPI

texasPI New Member

Easy to do online. I switched my Blackberry to the Droid. When you put in the phones info it'll recognize the type of phone and presents the two data plan options ro choose from.
  4. cLovis_ll

cLovis_ll New Member

wait isn't the regular data plan for the bb, is the same price as the droid's data plan?
  5. garrett

garrett New Member Theme Developer Developer

yes but it needs to be switched from the blackberry internet plan to the pda/smartphone plan
  6. qoncept

qoncept Guest

Great, thanks for the input guys. I'll do it online and call if I have any troubles.