Transferring SD Content

clemdalaclem

Reaction score
Hey all, I just purchased a 32gb sd card....looking to transfer all of my content off of the 8 gb card. I had both cards plugged into the computer and transferred (what i thought was) all the stuff from the 8 to the 32, but when i plug in the 32 to my phone and turn it on, it says somehting about ready to boot, like the OS isnt on the sd card. I thought whatever booted the phone was on the phones memory, guess I was wrong. How do i move everything to my new sd card? Thanks for your time.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Did you try using the 32G card in your device before transferring everything?
I used the same method you did from an 8 to a 16 and didn't have any problems.

OP
C

clemdalaclem

Reaction score
When I purchased the microsd card from verizon, it included 2 microsd adapters...one to an SD card size and one to usb. I used both of these to transfer files from one to another, and when I plugged the new microsd into the phone, i got that boot screen.

After putting the OLD microsd card into my computer via sd adapter, and putting the new, 32gb microsd card into my phone and allowing it to power up, I copied the data from my 8gb to the hdd on my computer. Then I copied all of that stuff to the phone. Trying to go straight from the 8gb to 32gb gave me errors, doing it the way i just described seems to have worked without any problems...so far. Thanks for the help.

Droidgirl_Dallas

Reaction score
SD Card question

Ok, I'm pretty sure I have a SD card because the phone formatted it. It appears I don't have a memory card. I want to be able to put my pictures on something. Can I automatically set up the Droid to save my camera pics to the SD card or should I go ahead and purchase a memory card? At some point I'll be adding more wallpapers to my phone.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance!dancedroid

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Ok, I'm pretty sure I have a SD card because the phone formatted it. It appears I don't have a memory card. I want to be able to put my pictures on something. Can I automatically set up the Droid to save my camera pics to the SD card or should I go ahead and purchase a memory card? At some point I'll be adding more wallpapers to my phone.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance!dancedroid

D2s come with an 8gb SDcard, I believe any pictures you take will be saved to the card, if you feel you don't have enough space you should upgrade to a 16gb.

portermac

Reaction score
If you don't already have something like Astro file manager, get it from the market. Then you can go into your SD card from your phone and see if your pics and everything else is in there.