Transferring photos from Incredible -> PC

speedycoche1

Reaction score
Hey, I know this is probably old hat for most of you, but I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle trying to transfer photos from my phone to my pc here, and it just doesn't seem it should be nearly this hard. I am plugged into a work computer with several network drives mapped (only would matter if the droid by default tries to use certain drive letters when it mounts? Don't know how this works?). Anyway, when I mount my droid, I only get 1 drive that comes up, and that drive is for the SD card. I cannot find a way to explore my phone through my PC.

The photos are stored on the phone rather than the sd card. I have changed the setting in the camera options, but that only seems to change things for new photos and it did not move the old ones over for me. Using Astro, I have tried to select the photos I want to move, but when I try to paste them into the appropriate folder on the sd card, it doesn't do anything. Is there something I am missing to be able to move photos from phone to sd card?

I have already spent over an hour trying to figure this out. I do not want to upload the photos to any kind of sharing website as they are of sensitive nature for work. Any ideas what I'm missing/doing wrong?

Thanks!

ndhill1976

Reaction score
Any photos you have should be on your sdcard. If you took them with your camera, they should be in /sdcard/DCIM/Camera. This is on my Droid1, but they should be the same or similar.

When you plug your phone are you mounting your sdcard?

OP
S

speedycoche1

Reaction score
They are not on the sd card. When I go into Astro File Explorer app, my photos are located in /emmc/DCIM/100MEDIA. There is a similar folder at /sdcard/DCIM/100MEDIA that is empy. The photos are stored on the phone, and I need to get them to the sd card so that I can browse to them on my pc when I connect.

When connecting the Incredible to the pc via usb cable, the options are:
Charge Only; Charge phone over USB
HTC Sync; Sync contacts & calendar
Disk drive; Mount as disk drive
Mobile Broadband Connect; share phone's mobile network via pc

I am connecting as Disk drive, mounting as a disk drive. It does not give me an option to mount the sd card/phone seperately. When I mount, and explore it on my pc through my computer, I am exploring the sd card and not the phone's internal storage. My photos are not there, they are on the phone's storage.

OP
S

speedycoche1

Reaction score
Nevermind, I found a work-around. I'm not sure why ASTRO won't allow me to move photos from the phone to sd card, but I was able to copy and paste them onto the sd card and then delete from phone. Thanks for the help!

flowwa

Reaction score
i habe the same problem !
helpp mee withh thiss plzz it wouldd mean alott