Transfer to new droid

Thor0906

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just got a new OG droid in the mail from asurion, my keys were peeling up and falling off randomly. I was wondering if theres an easy way to transfer EVERYTHING, root, miui, apps, blah blah, to the new droid or if Im gonna have to backup everything, move the sd over and then root the new one and go from there. Thanks for any help.

crackedvenom

Reaction score
Nandroid backup/switch sd card to new phone? I think that would work. Maybe someone can chime in if im wrong.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
The root will not transfer your apps are associated with your google account so they will restore as well as your email and contacts

My addiction Droid Forum

toastedoats

Reaction score
Im gonna have to backup everything, move the sd over and then root the new one and go from there. Thanks for any help.

Yup,
-Nandroid your current phone
-Root new phone
-install recovery on new phone
-restore backup from on new phone

OP
T

Thor0906

Reaction score
well, I dont remember rooting being this difficult but so far

flashed sprecovery, loaded a basic update.zip....annnnd nothing good. phone keeps rebooting, no connectivity...damn.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I rooted over a year ago and it was MUCH easier. What guide/process are you using?

Mike

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good tutorial. Take your time. We'll be here if you need assistance.

OP
T

Thor0906

Reaction score
Success!

had to use universal androot. then downloaded rom manager. used it to get clockwork recovery, loaded the nandroid backup...now i've got twins...time to wipe the brains outta the old one and mail it off. Thanks everyone for the help.

dancedroid

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
if you flashed miui and swapped sd cards wouldn't the miui backup be recognized? that's the first thing I'd try after rooting

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk