Droid X to new Droid X or DX2?

Grady

Reaction score
So my current Droid X is acting really weird so I'm thinking of getting a new one. A friend of mine just broke hers and was sent a new original Droid X (i thought they didn't sent those anymore and sent out DX2's instead).

My question is...I'm rooted of course and blah blah...if I was to get a replacement Droid X or happen to be unlucky enough to get a DX2, would I be able to just load up clockwork and restore a nandroid backup I have to the new phone? And if so, would my root still be there? Or would it be better just to start from scratch? Would any issues come over to the new phone since I'd restore using a nandroid backup?

Thanks!

PARick

Reaction score
So my current Droid X is acting really weird so I'm thinking of getting a new one. A friend of mine just broke hers and was sent a new original Droid X (i thought they didn't sent those anymore and sent out DX2's instead).

My question is...I'm rooted of course and blah blah...if I was to get a replacement Droid X or happen to be unlucky enough to get a DX2, would I be able to just load up clockwork and restore a nandroid backup I have to the new phone? And if so, would my root still be there? Or would it be better just to start from scratch? Would any issues come over to the new phone since I'd restore using a nandroid backup?

Thanks!

You would essentially have to start from scratch and reroot your phone. But, make sure to keep your SD card as all your files will be there, and make rooting quicker and easier.

OP
G

Grady

Reaction score
Ah really? So my backups are useless in this case?

PARick

Reaction score
Ah really? So my backups are useless in this case?

Well, if you use the exact same phone, after installing to a custom Rom, you can restore a nanodroid from the sd. But, the phone would still need to be rooted.