Trade Razr Maxx for Rezound

HRod08

Reaction score
Anyone here go from Razr/Razr Maxx to a Rezound and regret it?

I have the opportunity to trade a brand new Razr Maxx for a brand new Rezound plus cash?

Would it be worth it?

destin246

Reaction score
Are you giving your phone plus cash or is it the other way around? I know battery life on the rezound is horrible.

OP
H

HRod08

Reaction score
I have the Maxx. I'd be getting phone plus cash.

destin246

Reaction score
The Maxx is a way better phone in my opinion plus we already have ics.

Reaction score
I absolutely love my rezound. By far best phone I've ever owned (unfortunately I've had a ton). I've had two friends who had razr maxx and both have changed one to rezound one to iPhone. I guess its all your preference. As for ics, I know its a sore subject at the moment but I'm confident that rezound owners will have it very soon.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love my rezound. By far best phone I've ever owned (unfortunately I've had a ton). I've had two friends who had razr maxx and both have changed one to rezound one to iPhone. I guess its all your preference. As for ics, I know its a sore subject at the moment but I'm confident that rezound owners will have it very soon.
Rezound owners already have a FLAWLESS :hail:ICS on their Rezounds:icon_ devil:.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Maxx is a way better phone in my opinion plus we already have ics.
Exactly, and that is YOUR opinion, the only thing the Razr has going for it is the battery, and that's all. And don't get me started with Motto Blur:blink:.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Exactly, and that is YOUR opinion, the only thing the Razr has going for it is the battery, and that's all. And don't get me started with Motto Blur:blink:.

Moto blur is almost non existent on ics.. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Snoking

Reaction score
So what is it about the Maxx that has you thinking about the switch?

Rezound's high points!
+One of the best smart phone cameras.
+Among the best radio's
+Great display
+With extended battery it runs 24 to 36 hours.
+Great to hold!

Negatives
-VZW ignores the product
-Bluetooth static to person on remote end

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Moto blur is almost non existent on ics.. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Blur wasnt even that bad starting with the GB update to the Droid X1.

Ahh man....HRod. Asking a question like this in this forum section....you will very rarely get unbiased responses.

Its all preference. From screen to UI's to hardware to features. Both phones have pros n cons. Both screens have pros n cons. Who ever thinks the Rezound doesnt have cons...well...lol. It all depends on what cons you can live with.

Did I mention I have a Rezound and RAZR....? lol And I will bet my next 2 paychecks...some Rezound owners will not like ICS. Its gonna happen. It happened with Froyo for the Droid 1 and Droid X1, GB for the Droid X1. Look back at Incredible and Thunderbolt, EVO posts. Some ppl will just not like it. I strongly advise Rezound users to do a factory reset before or after installing ICS. You are going from GB to ICS. It needs to be done. As for it being worth it going from a RAZR Maxx to Rezound...hard to say.

Last edited:
OP
H

HRod08

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't update sooner...I went for it and so far I haven't looked back. I'm loving this screen!

HowardZ

Reaction score
I think KRoc said it best, that much comes down to personal preferrences.

Personally, I plan to never own another Motorola phone ever again based on my Droid x experience. The last OTA to 621 made it impossible to root, and for the first time impossible to go back and sbf an older version.

I had to sbf a milestone x European file via Linux. Linux was only way to keep the 3G radio firmware. Then root it. Then restore a rooted 621 backup from someone who survived the OTA with root by using voodoo. not all who used voodoo kept root, just some phones did.

I use the droid x as a WiFi only device because I now have a rezound. I am using liquid ics Rom. Miss the hdmi feature and phone off charging. if anything goes wrong like a bootlooping situation, then I need to boot Linux and do all that work again.

So, now I only buy phones with open unlockable bootloaders which are root friendly like HTC and Samsung.

I will never buy another Motorola. I don't need a phone manufacturer that works against me. They forget that I own the phone, I am the customer, I should get what I want.

I much prefer to waive the HTC warranty, and control my phone.

The only superb thing about the Rezound in my opinion is the cell radio works properly on 4g LTE. I worked with someone whi kept his galaxy nexus on 3G all the time due to repeated data drops. Meanwhile, I always had a strong fast 4G signal at work.

I have read about large numbers of Motorola bionic phones who kept returning them to Verizon due to the cell radio. Verizon often gives them a rezound.

If Motorola has figured out how to make a 4G phone that has a working cell radio then everything else in the decision is personal preferrences.

It's amazing that there are so many phones sold that don't even have basic voice and data working on 4G reliably. For me that is the the main thing to shop for.

There really isn't a "best phone" or a best anything. As long as the basic functions work, its usually personal preferences as everything has some disadvantages.

Last edited:

acousticshade

Reaction score
HRod08 said:
Sorry I didn't update sooner...I went for it and so far I haven't looked back. I'm loving this screen!

Yes, the screen will spoil you. With such a high pixel density, I look at anything else that's sub retina now & think its garbage, lol. The camera is also better than the moto cameras & with the f2.2 stop, you can take some insane close ups.