Tracker that is not too Egregious

PoolPicasso

Reaction score
I need your help. I have a problem with amnesiatic episodes. Sometimes I wander off. My record is a little over 400 miles (I no longer fill my gas tank). Over the years I have built personal protocols to help me deal with it. The GPS on my Samsung Stratosphere II lets me know where I am when I come out of it and at that point, I turn around and head for home. My bride of 20+ years would like to put tracking software on my phone. I am fine with that except...I don't want spy software that tells her where I have been all day or all week. I would like a program that just locates my phone and shows a real time location. I don't mind some of the anti-theft stuff. If she wants to turn on my camera, that's fine. My phone is not rooted and that may be an issue. Also, she would like to find out where my phone is from her PC. She prefers not to join the smartphone generation.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum. You might try the Life360 app. You both install it on your phones, and it will tell you exactly where the other is located. Im not sure you can have an app like this that doesn't tell you where you've been. That kind of defeats the purpose of a locator app. Check out the description in the Play Store and see if this is what you're looking for.
Good luck!

tap'n on my S5

OP
PoolPicasso

PoolPicasso

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You might try the Life360 app. You both install it on your phones, and it will tell you exactly where the other is located. Im not sure you can have an app like this that doesn't tell you where you've been. That kind of defeats the purpose of a locator app. Check out the description in the Play Store and see if this is what you're looking for.
Good luck!

tap'n on my S5
Thank you for the reply. My bride doesn't have a smartphone and doesn't want one. She wants to access the info from her PC.