tougher than you think!!!

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by dunamis, May 2, 2010.

1. dunamis

dunamis Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well...I just found out unfortunately if the plastic on the HTC Inc is tough or not!!! boohoo...LOL. the phone popped out and dropped about from 6ft to concrete and slide another 3 ft. I have, couple scratches in the corner, but amazingly no scratch on the screen...and that's the side it slide....

lucky for my gloss case coming Tuesday to cover up the booboo.....

2. claustin

claustin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    nice. I'm going to get that spiffy looking silicone case from VZ while I wait for Seidio to come out with some accessories. Been trying to baby it but sometimes stuff just happens huh?

3. dunamis

dunamis Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL...it's been a while since I did that. But again to my surprise, it has less damage then I imagined....

4. praeceps

praeceps Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There's a name for that: Gorilla Glass. I'm not kidding, it's really what they call it.

5. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im not sure the Incredible has Gorilla Glass. Good to know it held up though dunamis.

6. praeceps

praeceps Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, well, I basically figured it did, because only phones that have had it have displayed amazing unscratchability. Phones such as the Eris do not. It's definitely an educated guess. And eve if I'm wrong, from that description, it's likely similar just not with that name.

7. gardobus

gardobus Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Gorilla or not, it has a glass screen and glass is very resistant to scratches. I mean think of the horrible brushes that some people use on their car windows or scraping them with ice-scrapers or whatever and they never scratch.

You're probably more likely to see the Droid/Incredible screens crack before you see them scratch. :icon_ banana: And they don't crack THAT easy either.

8. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    I went back to the store later in the day and bought the black silicone case. I will tell you that I am actually very impressed with it. Makes the phone feel great and is thick enough to extend past the lens of the camera. That was the primary reason I got it. While I thought it might look kinda "blingy" originally, it actually looks really good. I would recommend it wholeheartedly.

9. claustin

claustin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey thanks for the update. I actually just ordered one from verizon today so should be getting it tomorrow. Good to hear it flushes up the camera. That was bugging the crap or of me.

10. JayCizzo

JayCizzo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll also vouch for the Verizon silicon case. It has a carbon fiber look to it. Easier to grip the phone and I think it looks better with the case on than without. Under $13 with the corporate discount.

11. dunamis

dunamis Member

Ratings:
    +0
    but after the minor drop..today I had couple random reboots while on call. So I called the Verizon CS and told them that after I dropped it, the phone is acting up and the gal who was helping me said....I didn't hear anything about you dropping and so I will be shipping out a new one and you will receive on Wednesday.....talk about good service...

I wonder if they'll ship out a refurbished? I doubt sense it's such a new phone right?

12. Steven58

Steven58 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm using the vzw "gradient" cover...love it!