1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Has anyone tried Clear-Coat scratch protection?

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by Gutteran, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Gutteran

Gutteran New Member

I love having a slide out keyboard on my Droid 2 Global, but unfortunately it presents a unique set of problems for cases. I have tried multiple cases and I have given up. It seems that they the corner always come a little loose and when this happens the case pops off very easily when it's dropped, and I've been known to drop my phone. Plus, I want something I can easily mount into the car dock from Motorola, which won't fit a Droid 2 with a case. I like the full body coating from Zagg, but the parts for the sides are now coming off. Clear-Coat looks like it adheres better and looks more durable. Has anyone tried it?
  2. Lenagainster

Lenagainster New Member

Never tried Clear Coat or a tight fitting case on my D2, but I found at WalMart a case by Case Logic that the phone slips in to, has a strap with a velcro tab, the phone is easily pulled out of the case by the strap. The case came with a strap on the back, one end of which snaps on, if one chooses to carry the phone on the belt. I removed the strap and slide the phone in my pocket. Been very happy with the case, although they seem to be as scarce as hens teeth at WM. Wasn't cheap either; the leather case cost $20. But it's an alternative to a rubber case.
  3. TDolan

TDolan New Member

Clear coat

I put clear coat on about a month ago. Works good. No interference with typing input. Impossible to get 100% of little bubbles behind the coat out at first but they disappear over a week or so. Offers good scratch protection from keys, pens etc but zero drop protection.
Search tags for this page

clear coat full body protection for nexus 4

clear coat protection nexus 4

samsung clear coat coming off