Totally baffled. " SMS alert tones :-S

tehpriest

Reaction score
This is odd and started recently. I am at a loss to find the answer.

When I receive a SMS my chosen tone is played but then another one plays until I open the SMS or pull down the notification bar.

I have checked in System settings and my choice for phone and notification tones are there. I have looked in SMS and my selection for SMS tone is there. The other tone that is playing is none of these.

I have LauncherPro and can find no notification tone selector in the preferences of that. I also have Executive assistant and similarly can find no tone selector in it's settings.

Does anyone have any idea were this tone may be coming from?

OP
tehpriest

tehpriest

Reaction score
Hi and yes.

I have just discovered weat the problem was after hours of fiddling with it. The Executive assistant (excellent app by the way) has more than one settins page. The main one does not show sms notification sounds but if you dig down through Settings - Confugure tabs - SMS then there is another set of settings including the elusive notification sounds. Why it is down there I do not know as it really has nothing to do with tabs :-? But there you go. Mystery solved for anyone else who may have the same hicup.

:icon_ banana: