Toshiba Tablet Shows Up On Amazon with Detailed Specs Revealed

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
toshiba_android_tab_2.jpg

The Toshiba Tablet has not been officially outed yet, but Amazon just posted it today with the full details on its specs. The new Toshiba tablet will come outfitted with the following stuff:
  • Honeycomb
  • Tegra 2 Chipset from NVIDIA.
  • "Adaptive Display Technology", which is video upscaling on the 1200x800 16:10 screen.
  • 5.0 MP rear camera with autofocus and 2.0MP front-facing webcam; stereo speakers with Toshiba sound enhancements
  • USB, mini-USB, and HDMI ports and full-sized SD card reader; Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity supporting Adobe Flash
  • Easy Grip non-slip interchangeable rubber backplate, available in a variety of colors; user-replaceable prismatic lithium battery
There was still no word yet on availability, but it must be soon or it probably would not have landed on Amazon's site. We also still don't know a price or carrier at this time, but at least more details have surfaced. We will let you know when we know more.

Source: AndroidTablets.net via AndroidCentral and Amazon

Last edited:

Skull One

Reaction score
I can't help it....

I want OSHIBA POWER!

I am a baaaaaddddd man.

forum8417

Reaction score
i dont get it. why are tablets sold thru cell phones carriers? why cant they be sold at a best buy or online and then if you want data why cant you bring it to any carrier you want?

droidinmind

Reaction score
i dont get it. why are tablets sold thru cell phones carriers? why cant they be sold at a best buy or online and then if you want data why cant you bring it to any carrier you want?

I like what your saying!!!!!

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
Love to see a side-by-side with the Xoom and iPad2 in every aspect down to dimensions/weight.

bplewis24

Reaction score
Those specs are a double-edged sword: it makes for a very nice and competitive tablet, but I fear they will price it through the roof like all of the others.

Brandon

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how important the USB ports and reader are. Seems like they could be a pretty big deal as far as transferring content quickly and easily between devices.

DaWolf85

Reaction score

You want that, you're gonna have to move to Europe :icon_eek:

Dcon87

Reaction score
the pricing i think will probably match the XOOM pricing. I have a bad feeling that the XOOM set a bar for pricing that every other tablet manufacturer will base their tablets off of.

rcjames

Reaction score
the pricing i think will probably match the XOOM pricing. I have a bad feeling that the XOOM set a bar for pricing that every other tablet manufacturer will base their tablets off of.

Watch this video. They say it will be around 500 something in dollars. But who knows price can always change. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfpU1g7Fzbw[/ame]

DarkJeckyll

Reaction score
This is the only tablet I'm excited about. I cant wait till it releases. Its going to replace my laptop around the house and on the road. :) :icon_ banana:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Looks a little large for my liking. Also, I think it's a fail that a tablet can't stand on it's own (i.e. not hold it for two hours while watching a movie) without getting a dock/stand. Having to carry a stand additionally defeats the purpose of ultra portability IMO.

DaWolf85

Reaction score

Watch this video. They say it will be around 500 something in dollars. But who knows price can always change. [video=youtube;nfpU1g7Fzbw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfpU1g7Fzbw[/video]

Wrong tablet, my friend, that one runs Android 2.1 and was announced sometime last year.

rcjames

Reaction score

Watch this video. They say it will be around 500 something in dollars. But who knows price can always change. [video=youtube;nfpU1g7Fzbw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfpU1g7Fzbw]YouTube - Toshiba announces 10.1-inch Android tablet, the Folio 100[/video]

Wrong tablet, my friend, that one runs Android 2.1 and was announced sometime last year.

Hi, well why would toshiba make two tablet one with 2.2 and other gingerbread? And yes it was announce last year but it's not even out.
How many tablet is toshiba coming out with?