Torque app (OBD/ECU management)...

jrl9851

Reaction score
Anyone have this? I just have a couple questions...

1. When you clear a CEL code from the ECU, does that mean it will NEVER pop up again? Meaning...the code is not showing up, but the problem that caused the code is still there. I cleared the code with that torque app, now the code is not showing up. Does this mean the code will never show up again, even if the problem was fixed but then the problem came back?

2. Is the MPG reading in real time or just average of your trip?

3. My fuel level % doesn't show up...anyone else have this problem?

Andrew C

Reaction score
The code is not showing up because you cleared it. The code will pop up again (usually after a few driving cycles) if you have the same problem and have not resolved it.

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
Thanks. I saw a youtube video and someone had a real time MPG option in their list, but I only have MPG (average) in mine. How do I get real time?

Andrew C

Reaction score
Thanks. I saw a youtube video and someone had a real time MPG option in their list, but I only have MPG (average) in mine. How do I get real time?

Sorry I can't help you with that question. You might try emailing the developer about your issue.

takaburon

Reaction score
1. If the problem still exists, CEL comes back. Some problems come back rignt away after clearing the light, some do after you drive more than 50 miles or so. If CEL comes back after fixing the problem, that means a car has other problems or you fixed a wrong item or something like that. Sorry but my explanation is not good. This article may help you understand.

2. my car, 2000 VW jetta 2.8L shows only long term average MPG. I use vgate mini adapter and Torque.

3. my car doesn't show fuel level, either. In my case, Torque collects other PIDs to calculate MPG, such as MAP, ECT, VSS, engine size, distance, etc...

It depends on vehicles if you can read real time MPG. So, I can't tell if you can read both MPGs. ScanXL can do comprehensive analysis and diagnosis. It is software for Windows PC. If you are interested, you will see more details here.