A gmail app that doesn't blow?

SpykeZ

Reaction score
I'm getting fed up with googles own star email app never working. Send stuff it never gets sent, doesn't even show up in the sent box. Tried sending a bunch of pics from phone...nothing. Then it won't load conversations. Then it says no internet connection. Wtf is the point of gmail on the phone if it's not going to work.

Is there an alternative app for gmail or am I stuck with the crap they cna't code.

[edit] oh go figure, it's stuck on sending that's been a problem since 1.6, 2.1 and now 2.2? Are you SERIOUS!?

dclutter1

Reaction score
I use Gmail Notifier for the notification (duh) and access my mail through the web browser. Their mobile site is a million times better than the app imo.

OP
SpykeZ

SpykeZ

Reaction score
well I got pics on my phone Im trying to send to my home email and it's not doing it.

Raziel36

Reaction score
Stock Gmail app has never failed me or had any of the problems you listed. I send pics all the time, too. Maybe it's a setup issue or conflict with another app? Coverage issue? The app, itself, seems fine for me(even on 2.2 so far)

OP
SpykeZ

SpykeZ

Reaction score
well I know it's not just me, it's ALL over the net on just about every android forum that exists and it's been happening since the release of android.

My coverage is ok, max bars as usual, I don't see what other apps could be messing with it. Setup issue?

The normal way of getting it back to going is deleting the cache in app management but it's not working this time. I even deleted data and had gmail completely resync and still did nothing.

Raziel36

Reaction score
Maybe I don't have issues because I switch roms frequently? I've had my Droid since November, and never had a Gmail issue. I have it set up with two accounts and send pics from both with no issues. I'm using 2.2 o/c to 1.2Ghz.. before that, I used just about every rom available lol.. guess I'm just really lucky... that being said, this is my second Droid(cracked screen) that has had no trouble... *goes to knock on some wood*

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I believe some people use K-9 Mail for this also, i'm not sure so don't quote me on it.

I know K-9 has been a recommended app for email by a lot of users but not sure it does Gmail.

Taegost

Reaction score
I believe some people use K-9 Mail for this also, i'm not sure so don't quote me on it.

I know K-9 has been a recommended app for email by a lot of users but not sure it does Gmail.

yes, it does gmail, and a lot better then the stock app. It has push support so I get my email immediately. I definitely recommend it, it's a huge improvement over the stock app.

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

armeddroid

Reaction score
I used k9 for a while for multiple accounts. It didnt seem consistent to me.
And sometimes the settings act quirky.
But its decent.
I have not had any issues with the Gmail app but I am curious to the mobile site.
Never had to use it.