smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
someone has posted that unrooting it with this method worked well over at the Gnex forums...

~it's not just a phone~

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
OP updated! Version 1.1 Released! Bug fixes and new features!

{{ WugFresh }}

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was going to ask this elsewhere but this is a good a place as any

Not that I see a reason to do this but just curious if it is possible to relock bootloader while retaining root?

doublea500

Reaction score
I was going to ask this elsewhere but this is a good a place as any

Not that I see a reason to do this but just curious if it is possible to relock bootloader while retaining root?

Im not an expert at all in this but after some research i think that it should be possible by just going into the bootloader and typing "fastboot oem lock" in a command prompt.

I would not do this if i were you though, if you want to go out of your way to brick your phone then have fun:D. but really, dont do it.

poooookah78

Reaction score
Can't get it to work!!! I've installed the program on my laptop and hooked up my GNEX. I clicked the SDK + Files... it took a few minutes but it went to the second part. I had my phone hooked up w/ USG Debugging set and I keep getting to the backup.bat part and it says "do you see any adb device listed above?" and I don't. I keep hitting 2 and it tells me to ensure it's hooked up to the computer and it's debugging. These are both true, in fact the device is recognized by windows as an adb file in the system tray. HELP!! What do I do??

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Can't get it to work!!! I've installed the program on my laptop and hooked up my GNEX. I clicked the SDK + Files... it took a few minutes but it went to the second part. I had my phone hooked up w/ USG Debugging set and I keep getting to the backup.bat part and it says "do you see any adb device listed above?" and I don't. I keep hitting 2 and it tells me to ensure it's hooked up to the computer and it's debugging. These are both true, in fact the device is recognized by windows as an adb file in the system tray. HELP!! What do I do??

When you plug your device into your laptop, does it attempt to install the drivers? I would attempt to install the drivers or reinstall the drivers to see if that works.

poooookah78

Reaction score
When you plug your device into your laptop, does it attempt to install the drivers? I would attempt to install the drivers or reinstall the drivers to see if that works.

I have reinstalled the drivers using the drivers button on the program. Any other ideas?

briangp

Reaction score
Probably the same problem that I had. Batch programs have to run inside the folder with the commands. I suspect you'll have to edit the script like I did to 'cd (whereever your SDK file is)'

zevoman

Reaction score
Help!

I followed the instructions and got to the point where it told me to plug in the Nexus. I did so and then this came up:

a1f8e277.jpg

Here is the file content of the SDK directory:

extras <folder>
nexusbackup <folder>
platform-tools <folder>

and then inside the platform-tools folder I have:

6dc13ac1.jpg

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-Bit. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

91jolson

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
First off, Wug, thanks for taking the time to make this, Second, unfortunately I can't get the program to download properly to my computer. Ive tried the first few mirrors on the OP, and the compressed version posted earlier, I keep getting stuck at this:
"CRC failed in data/ptools_xtra.zip
Unexpected end of archive"

Any thoughts on this? Thanks :)

zevoman

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
First off, Wug, thanks for taking the time to make this, Second, unfortunately I can't get the program to download properly to my computer. Ive tried the first few mirrors on the OP, and the compressed version posted earlier, I keep getting stuck at this:
"CRC failed in data/ptools_xtra.zip
Unexpected end of archive"

Any thoughts on this? Thanks :)
I got this same error twice yesterday when I tried to install this on my work computer to see if I could solve my other issue (see my earlier post). Never did figure this issue out. Work computer is running XP SP3, 32 BIT and behind an extrememly heavy firewall.

c0815493.jpg

On a lighter note, I did manage to solve my other issue. Turns out the error was due to the fact that use a SSD to boot from and run Windows 7 system files, but I use a 500 GB standard HD for all my user files. So the adb.exe was in my X: drive SDK folder, but the Gnex tool installed it's updates and was referencing the C: SDK folder. I just copied my X: folder contents over and viola - I now have an Unlocked, Rooted Nexus!

Last edited:

91jolson

Reaction score
Yep that's the same error, This is my home computer, but at least it's not just me lol. Gonna try the other link that wicked posted, it seems to be downloading pretty smoothly so far.

kmo

Reaction score
Doesn't get much easier than this, thanks....

91jolson

Reaction score
Ok so I finally got it to install, but now my computer doesnt recognize my phone when i plug it in. Ive tried different ports, rebooting, and disabling and reenabling USB debugging.. Any thoughts?

pchakmak

Reaction score
Ok so I finally got it to install, but now my computer doesnt recognize my phone when i plug it in. Ive tried different ports, rebooting, and disabling and reenabling USB debugging.. Any thoughts?

Same issue had no problems unlocking and rooting. Now I cant restore my APPS+ Data. It doesnt recognize my device either. I tried the same thing except reinstall the toolkit. Any thoughts??