Too Much Music!

jerryc41

Reaction score
I've had my X just a few days, and I'm still learning about it. I used the MML program to copy music (1,350 iTunes songs) from my PC to the Droid. What I wound up with was two of everything.

When I connect the Droid to my PC via USB and look at the folders, I see Mobile > mml > itunes - with all the itunes music. I also see Mobile > Music - with all the music listed again.

Some questions: Can I - should I - use my PC to delete the itunes folder? If I do that, how can I get rid of the duplicates on the phone. Deleting 1,350 songs one at a time is not an option.
How can I prevent duplicate copying in the future?
Since it takes over an hour to make the transfer,I don't want to be doing this so often.

I got DoubleTwist, but when I conencted my phone and selected whatever mode the program told me to select, my computer crashed. I've heard that DT is a good program, so I'd like to be able to use it.

Thanks,
Jerry

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had my X just a few days, and I'm still learning about it. I used the MML program to copy music (1,350 iTunes songs) from my PC to the Droid. What I wound up with was two of everything.

When I connect the Droid to my PC via USB and look at the folders, I see Mobile > mml > itunes - with all the itunes music. I also see Mobile > Music - with all the music listed again.

Some questions: Can I - should I - use my PC to delete the itunes folder? If I do that, how can I get rid of the duplicates on the phone. Deleting 1,350 songs one at a time is not an option.
How can I prevent duplicate copying in the future?
Since it takes over an hour to make the transfer,I don't want to be doing this so often.

I got DoubleTwist, but when I conencted my phone and selected whatever mode the program told me to select, my computer crashed. I've heard that DT is a good program, so I'd like to be able to use it.

Thanks,
Jerry

I think DT works better with a Mac then it does with a PC. I had very little problems with iTunes and my Mac but see many having problems if they use the pc.

I don't know why your files duplicated but you are the second person I've seen this happen to. Yes, mount your droid and delete your files using your computer. That's what I would do. Just go into your music folder/file/select all and delete. Then install them again using Double Twist or you may want to try the iTunes app that is available in the Market. There is also Motororola Media Manager as well.