Loading Music

jerryc41

Reaction score
I've had my X for just a couple of days, so I'm still learning. I'm loading it up with about 1,350 songs from my iTunes library, and it's taking over an hour. I'm using Motorola Media Link. iTunes generally took just a few minutes. Does that seem right?

Jerry

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
the write speed of these devices and SD cards is about 2MB p/s so your time of over an hour seems right, I copied around 700 songs and it took a few hours

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Why are you using any type of software to copy the music over? If you have the music stored on your computer locally, why dont you just manually copy/paste the files you want straight to the Droid over USB?

Set the USB connection to either PC Mode or Mass Storage and copy all the files you want to a Music folder you create o the SD Card..took me less than 10 minutes to copy over some (5) custom albums with roughly 75 tracks per album...no way it should take "hours" to copy 1500 tracks...

asia211

Reaction score
That's what I have been doing to copy all my music over to my Droid X, using USB cable and mass storage. I tried to add more music on recently and the files said it was copied over but when I go look for it on my music player on my Droid, I can't find it. Has anyone experienced this problem and what did you do to fix it? I've already shut down the phone a few times and nothing happened.

I'm also experiencing pauses in my songs for no reason. I'll be listening to a song and all of a sudden it will just stop. I have to go to my phone again and press play.

OP
J

jerryc41

Reaction score
BodyBagz, I'm new enough to the Droid that I'm being cautious about copying back and forth. I've done it with other devices, so I'll give it a try with the Droid. Thanks for the suggestion.

Jerry

Keifers

Reaction score
I tried copy and pasting just like you mentioned BodyBagz, some, not all of the music I copied over would play.

Is there a reason for that?

I did a small amount, I copied over 10 songs, but only 6 would actually play.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I used iSyncr to xfer my itunes to my DX. Took about 20 minutes to load 850 tracks. I do have a class 4 card though, and I dont use album art sync.

Keifers

Reaction score
Juicemane:
Thanks a lot, I just downloaded it and it was a 'SNAP' to install.

So I read the FAQ and it says it does not play any Videos with DRM.

Is there any app out there that does?

Again thanks