Too Many Pattern Lock Attempts. Help!

ssmith4960

Reaction score
I cannot unlock my Droid. While my phone was in my pocket, somehow it turned on and too many pattern unlocks were attempted, obviously unsuccessfully. I cannot now enter my user name and password-I have entered them correctly and even attempted on my computer to create a new account, but I still cannot unlock the phone !! Is there any way for me to unlock it? I am now desperate. And yes, I have seen the previous threads on this issue but since the updates cure the "cure" there seem to be no bypasses to help me... Any help out there?

BJohnson

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. However, there was too many attempts for the patteren, now it just asks for the user name and password, which the phone doesn't recognise. So having the new account doesn't work either. Any other suggestions????

mstori880

Reaction score
How to unlock your phone

Hi, I had the same problem with my LG Ally Android. I had the visual pattern password - my daughter was messing with it while I was putting our baby to sleep and locked my phone - it also said too many attemps and would display please sign in with your google (gmail) account. I would enter in my u/n and p/w and it would not seem like it was doing anything but would say it was invalid which I knew was incorrect. I called verizon tech support who said it is impossible to reset the phone to the factory settings without reflashing in the store.. WRONG.

Do this:
I have good news if you haven't figured this out already... Forget tech support - I figured it out without having to go in.. Now you will lose all your saved apps and data. If you have a sd card I would take it out and put another one in just incase. I dont know if it will delete all your pictures by doing this. It is a FULL system restart so it will go back to exactly how your phone was when you bought it.

Any ways, this should work for you...

For those who can’t access the phone’s setting menu, you can hard reset your LG Ally by:
1. Turn the power off.
2. Press and hold: Home Key + Power Key + Up Volume Key.
3. Turn the power on, while keeping the three keys pressed.
4. When the LG logo is shown, release the keys.

You will lose all your downloaded applications, contacts, ect but it is better than going into the store to have them reflash it (would still lose everything) or sending your phone in to repair it. I hope this helps somebody.

God bless,
Victoria dancedroid

samwalker

Reaction score
1) create a new gmail account on the computer.
2) call your cell phone with a different phone.
3) answer your cell phone then hit the back button and it will take you to the home
screen.
4) turn on wifi so it can do data and voice at the same time (remember that the phone
is still connected)
5) go to Settings -> Location & Security and disable lock pattern (you'll need to
enter to correct pattern previously set)
6) go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync and click "Add Account" and add your newly
created Gmail account.
7) hang up the phone.
8) turn the phone back on, at the lockout screen, enter your new Gmail account info
and it should let you back in
9) once the phone is unlocked, you can go in setting and remove the newly added Gmail
account and keep the old one.

I have a huawei ideos u8150 and when I answer a call and push the back button, it goes to my home page and when i slide to unlock it just goes back to the screen where i have to put in the email address and password to unlock the phone. I cant get into settings or anything. anyway around this? cheers

ueiservice

Reaction score
Unlock Droid 2

I have the same issue but the call in and pressing back doesn't seem to work any more. I have a lot of material on this phone that is very important to me. Does anyone know how to get in now ? I have read almost every post on the net I think and they all want to do a master reset.

I am wiling to upload a ROM if need be but I just have to acces the data on the phone. Many thanks in advance for any help.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
Pressing "back" while in a call was a security problem that was fixed with, IIRC, 2.0. It used to work (not a very secure lock!) but, thankfully, its been fixed. You may have other options if you are rooted.

billalkazmi

Reaction score
i am facing the same too many pattern attempts lock on my ideos u8150 n when we are on call n hit the back button it remain lock..

billalkazmi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BostonDroid
3) answer your cell phone then hit the back button and it will take you to the home
screen.
4) turn on wifi so it can do data and voice at the same time (remember that the phone
is still connected)
5) go to Settings -> Location & Security and disable lock pattern (you'll need to
created Gmail account.
7) hang up the phone.
8) turn the phone back on, at the lockout screen, enter your new Gmail account info
9) once the phone is unlocked, you can go in setting and remove the newly added Gmail
I have a huawei ideos u8150 and when I answer a call and push the back button, it goes to my home page and when i slide to unlock it just goes back to the screen where i have to put in the email address and password to unlock the phone. I cant get into settings or anything. anyway around this? billal kazmi

endrum

Reaction score
wow i have had the same problem though i was not able to troubleshoot it myself as i had brought my unit to my service provider and i had to explain what happened and it was really a hassle as it took a long time before i could claim my unit again becasue i had to wait for my turn. this is a great way to troubleshot on my own the next time this happens again! this will be a lot more convenient and fast! thanks for this very helpful post i am sure this will com handy for me someday.

toxluv

Reaction score
mr

screen.
is still connected)
created Gmail account.
7) hang up the phone.

It has d same pro av done every thing in diz forum & it still wit d same pro

toxluv

Reaction score
Plz guyz help me out it stil has d same pro & av done every tin in d forum it stil has nt change, am usein tecno b3

toxluv

Reaction score
My bro thought it would be really fun to try to
crack my pattern lock. It has now locked up and is
asking for my gmail login and password. However,
when I enter that it is not accepting it. It's like it
doesn't even try to validate it comes back
immediately and tells me invalid userid or password.
Any way out of this? Am usein tecno b3

cjjr

Reaction score
LG Ally

Thank You!!
I tried everything I read on resetting the password and nothing worked. The info you supplied was the trick that worked. Thank you!
Hi, I had the same problem with my LG Ally Android. I had the visual pattern password - my daughter was messing with it while I was putting our baby to sleep and locked my phone - it also said too many attemps and would display please sign in with your google (gmail) account. I would enter in my u/n and p/w and it would not seem like it was doing anything but would say it was invalid which I knew was incorrect. I called verizon tech support who said it is impossible to reset the phone to the factory settings without reflashing in the store.. WRONG.

Do this:
I have good news if you haven't figured this out already... Forget tech support - I figured it out without having to go in.. Now you will lose all your saved apps and data. If you have a sd card I would take it out and put another one in just incase. I dont know if it will delete all your pictures by doing this. It is a FULL system restart so it will go back to exactly how your phone was when you bought it.

Any ways, this should work for you...

For those who can’t access the phone’s setting menu, you can hard reset your LG Ally by:
1. Turn the power off.
2. Press and hold: Home Key + Power Key + Up Volume Key.
3. Turn the power on, while keeping the three keys pressed.
4. When the LG logo is shown, release the keys.

You will lose all your downloaded applications, contacts, ect but it is better than going into the store to have them reflash it (would still lose everything) or sending your phone in to repair it. I hope this helps somebody.

God bless,
Victoria dancedroid