Forgot Lock Pattern and Phone not recognizing google account

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Having a problem here...I forgot my lock pattern and my phone is telling me my Google account password or username is wrong when I hit the Forgot Pattern? button. The Google account they are talking about is the one you set up on your phone is it not when you first activate it?? Why would it not work??

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Google account they are talking about is the account that would have your gmail account. Username and password for gmail should work. Try that if the link provided previously doesn't get you there.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had to factory reset my phone to get passed it. Hook, the password you have doesn't work. It won't matter how many times you put it in, it won't work. I even tried changing my password when i got home, and no luck. I just factory reset and reinstalled everything.

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
The mentioned solution won't work for me because I don't remember my lock pattern...and the google account I enter does not work either...I'm reading online and apparently this is a bug that's been around since June..man this sucks...

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Will hard resetting erase my SD card? Or just the phone's memory?

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok factory reset worked...thanks guys...wow that is a serious bug in this phone's software...hopefully they fix that...luckily all my apps are tied into my Google account so I just have to redownload them from the downloads area in the market. And customize everything again...Grrr....lol...

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea, my friends decided to make a game out of it, and would get me to change it and they would try to guess it with a few hints. You know the rest...

snakeq

Reaction score
I had this same problem and it was driving me nuts, when I finally tried to do a Hard Reset I got a message while powering on instead of the motorola logo. It said something like MBM something and Zeus something, and then it said OK to program connect cable.

Then I came up with this webpage that solved my issue, hope it works for everyone else.

It basically says that after you are locked up and it asks for your google credentials, you write your username, and then in the password field write null. That worked for me.

Unlock Android phone after too many pattern attempts | pinnapedia

jwingate

Reaction score
I had this issue today with my Droid Incredible by HTC. After doing the Factory Reset I still could not set up the Google Account; I kept getting the same error message about login and password being correct. Then, from my computer, I logged into my Google Account and went to under account settings to Application Specific Password and then "generate new application specific password", which is a 16 character random password. I tried that for my Google Account password (instead of my regular password) and it worked. This is a one-time-use password, my regular password is working now again. Next time someone gets locked out from too many pattern attempts or other places where you know you are entering your gmail address and password correctly, try generating the application specific password. It could save you the headache of doing a factory reset!