Too Many apps

hrabini

Reaction score
Unlike most people.... I dont use my phone for social networking...actually I think facebook is evil. I dont use my Bionic for movies and games. I use it for work, and to call/text people. I find that there are way too many applications running in background. I downloaded app killer but I see that the app killer does not prevent the unwanted apps from running unless i select to kill the apps. then after doing so... the damn apps are running again!

So I want to delete them from my phone.

how do i do this! is there a real application killer out there?

thanks in advance

Noobee

Reaction score
So I want to delete them from my phone.
how do i do this! is there a real application killer out there?
thanks in advance
Noobee
You don't need an app killer. Just go to Setting>Manage Apps>Click on the ones you want to ax and press delete.

OP
H

hrabini

Reaction score
Great! Ok i managed to get rid of some... however there are some apps that still run in back ground yet I did not activate them. these I dont want to delete but I dont want them to start running on their own. How do do that?

bigkhan

Reaction score
Facebook evil? I thought Hitler was evil.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Great! Ok i managed to get rid of some... however there are some apps that still run in back ground yet I did not activate them. these I dont want to delete but I dont want them to start running on their own. How do do that?
Android is not like other OS'. Those apps are simply loaded in ram waiting to be used. They are not running and they are not consuming cpu cycles. Loaded in ram does not equal running. The OS will remove anything from ram it needs to in order to perform any task you ask of it. Do not worry about them.

You can prove this to yourself by going to the battery manager in settings and press on the battery. You will be presented with the top consumers of the battery power. You will not see those apps listed, unless you are/have been using them.

Good luck and enjoy.

OP
H

hrabini

Reaction score
Hitler... facebook... in my opinion facebook shares the same goals as hitler did.... ruling the entire world! :icon_ banana:

OP
H

hrabini

Reaction score
Bing! the light just turned on! thanks Flyfisher! well its good to know all that stuff is not runnning and just sitting there. battery life has always been good.. and ast couple weeks the phone has had no issues with locking up. ButPrevious to that the phone would have lock up issues and i would need to remove the battery, this happen for couple weeks.. before that no issues at all, just like now... I didnt pay attention to see if there was a full moon cycle... but I am starting to wonder what the heck happen if the phone was not being bogged down by apps running in background.

Android is not like other OS'. Those apps are simply loaded in ram waiting to be used. They are not running and they are not consuming cpu cycles. Loaded in ram does not equal running. The OS will remove anything from ram it needs to in order to perform any task you ask of it. Do not worry about them.

You can prove this to yourself by going to the battery manager in settings and press on the battery. You will be presented with the top consumers of the battery power. You will not see those apps listed, unless you are/have been using them.

Good luck and enjoy.

theunknownn

Reaction score
You can install ROM Toolbox and freeze the leftover applications, im on a droid 3 phone so its probs going to be different but I noticed the increase in boot time

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Erikbal

Reaction score
You don't need an app killer. Just go to Setting>Manage Apps>Click on the ones you want to ax and press delete.

Ok granted I have a D3, I think the software is the same or simular. I tried this and I can't get rid of anything that I didn't install. Is that what you were telling him how to do? As far as I know there's no way to get rid of the bloatware apps without rooting correct? I have no interest in doing any of that...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Reaction score
As far as I know there's no way to get rid of the bloatware apps without rooting correct? I have no interest in doing any of that...
Sorry, I misunderstood! Right, there's no way to remove bloatware unless you root. I also understand about not wanting to root. I rooted my Droid X, and wish I hadn't, I've never installed a ROM or tethered for that matter, the other two reasons people root. No I'm stuck with Froyo and can't update to Gingerbread OTA. BTW - I'm just too chicken to try to unroot!

OP
H

hrabini

Reaction score
So I have two options one is to root! second is place the droid down range at 200 yards and place a nice lil .30 cal hole in it with my Weatherby. :biggrin:

Reaction score
So I have two options one is to root! second is place the droid down range at 200 yards and place a nice lil .30 cal hole in it with my Weatherby. :biggrin:
I've got another option...ignore them!

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

It's a bit "after the fact" for me to be offering advice, but you want to be *very* careful about charging in and deleting apps. Some of those apps may be needed to successfully boot your phone, and removing them - and you can not remove Verizon related apps - will cause you big problems. I'm not sure what your exact setup is, but readup on the issue of removing apps before you go any further.

-Mike