1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Advance App Killer, not needed?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by NastyNate08, Jan 21, 2010.

1. NastyNate08

NastyNate08 New Member

As far as this Advance App Killer.....
    I thought that the Droid running 2.0.1 automatically does what the App Killer was made to do. is this App needed for droid users?
  2. Houndstooth

Houndstooth New Member

3. MotorolaDroid

MotorolaDroid New Member

people say it is not needed, but i know i was playing with google sky map and i didnt use my task killer to stop it and i when i went to use my phone about 3 hours later it had drained 30% of my battery.... i looked at my battery usage and sure enough sky map had used 85% of it.

i use it and like it, dont have any problem with it at all.
  4. JBHorner

JBHorner New Member

I think the argument against using an app killer is that it isn't necessary because the OS is managing memory in such a way that it "requests" applications to close when the memory resources get low.

But, as a prior post noted, that is a very limited view of the value of an app killer. Like the individual above, I use one regularly to "kill" applications that I know are sucking the life out of my battery. I've had a number of applications (such as Facebook) that like to run in the background and take my battery life away.

Joel
  5. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

+1 For a good all around post. You said exactly what i would. I do the same thing, while i'm not worried about using the app killer to worry about the memory management, but the battery management.
  6. MotorolaDroid

MotorolaDroid New Member

i wish the droid had a way "stock" to just literally close an app.... w/o having to try and force close it...

oh well i guess that what a task killer is for.
  7. jimnutt

jimnutt New Member

That's all the app killer's do, is force close the app. You can do the same thing from the settings screen.
Search tags for this page

android app killer not needed

necesarry android applications

recommended app killers