Tiny Apps Brings 12 Floating Apps To Your Android Device

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

With these great huge screens on devices like the Nexus 6, Note 4, and other big screen devices you can really get stuff done. Multitasking has been tackled in plenty of various ways. You can have true multitasking with the new app "Tiny Apps". Tiny Apps brings 12 floating apps to your Android homescreen. The apps that are included are Notes, Audio Recorder, Paint, Web browser, Music Player, Applauncher, Stopwatch, Video Player, Widgets, Calculator, File Explorer, and Contacts. Each app can be moved around the screen. The windows can also be resized. The standout feature of the app is the fact that you can minimize each app into a small icon to save space. The app will be sitting there waiting on you, but will be out of the way. You can run all 12 apps at once if you like. There is no limit. Head to the link below for the download.

via XDA

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have to admit, I forget to use the "window" feature on my Note 4 many times when it'd be the perfect tool for the job. I had the same problem with the s4, which is probably why I forget that the Note's abilities are much better.

That said, I'd like to see someone develop an app like this that can simply run ANY third party app in a window. Some kind of emulator or something?

Still, I may tinker with this on my Nexus 7 since I've already got the functionality on my phone. Might help prompt me to use the N7 for more than just reading and light internet browsing like I have been lately.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to admit, I forget to use the "window" feature on my Note 4 many times when it'd be the perfect tool for the job. I had the same problem with the s4, which is probably why I forget that the Note's abilities are much better.

That said, I'd like to see someone develop an app like this that can simply run ANY third party app in a window. Some kind of emulator or something?

Still, I may tinker with this on my Nexus 7 since I've already got the functionality on my phone. Might help prompt me to use the N7 for more than just reading and light internet browsing like I have been lately.
Ability to minimize Tapatalk FTW

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
577fca2f9f92624ad6656c11235402df.jpg

Something like this would be cool to add TT to right now since the latest update keeps taking me back home to the main page after I exit the app.
Do you have the setting checked where you pull from upper right down toward lower left and it shrinks the current screen? Not all apps do it but a bunch do.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Back before the Note 1 came out there were a few apps that floated that might still be out there. Aircalc by Best Quote is still available and I don't remember who did Floating Browser, Gbc I think but am not sure along with a floating video player. Their only drawback was they were battery hogs big time

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
This solution here scares me for that reason & others. You're basically installing 12 apps (even if their footprints are small) that do what you've already got apps for & if their functionality isn't as good as the apps you already have, I'm not sure that the trade off is worth it for the floating feature, but I guess it depends on the user.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Aircalc is the only one I stuck with for any length of time. The video player was really cool in that you could watch as many as 4 videos at a time in different pop ups. Not practical in the real world but neat nonetheless.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4