tide tables

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Anyone know or use a good tide table/surf report app? I like to go to the Oregon Coast and would be nice to have something real time in my pocket.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Tide Prediction and TideApp are two apps in the market you can take a look at. Do a comparison and maybe let us know which one suites your needs better?

OP
xxwabbit

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I probably should have been more thorough with my first post. I have tried those and I still have tideapp installed. It has a city listed that is next to the city that I want which is only 8 or 9 miles away. But I'm not sure how accurate that is for the beach that I want.

Tide prediction looks promising but doesn't list anything which seems to be a common complaint in the reviews. I'm wondering if it will work if I was in that area to allow gps to find my location. Not sure when I am going to vacation in that area this year as I go at least once a year.

OP
xxwabbit

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I just downloaded MagicSeaweed and it looks like it might do the job. Now if I can just find the time to get over there! Don't suppose there's an app for that is there? :icon_ banana:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Now that would be handy! Perhaps others near the shore can try these three apps and see how good they are. Beachcombers everywhere...unite!

I do know there are some boaters on here, some scuba divers too.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Just downloaded Magic Seaweed... I'm sure it's nice if you are on the shore or your location is listed but what about us guys that boat/fish/ski on tidal rivers?
A way to add differentials for your favorite inland upstream location would be great.