Looking for an app to give me tide info...

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by GadgetRick, Mar 27, 2011.

1. GadgetRick

GadgetRick Member

Recently moved to FL and live near the beach. Figured it'll be helpful to know what's happening with the tides and was looking for a tide app. All of the apps I found in the Market seem to get so-so reviews. Wondering if anyone knows of a good app for this?

Thanks.
  2. cafleter

cafleter New Member

Tides

I'm using Marine Weather and liking it, although will admit I've only had it for about a week.
  3. GadgetRick

GadgetRick Member

I think I remember seeing that in the Market. It got so-so reviews. Can't remember what the complaint was. Have to look at it again.

Thanks.
  4. anamealreadyinuse

anamealreadyinuse New Member

Try NesTides Florida Tide Tables Edition on Satellite Mapping

The NesTides Florida Tide Charts Edition pulls LIVE data from NOAA Tide tables and places the tides on a satellite map so you can view the nearest florida tide tables using the GPS on your phone. There is also a tidal flow graph feature that shows how much water is moving, which is key if you fish high/low tides. On the fishing not there is also a fish identification database and florida fishing regulations.

Here is the Florida Tide Chart edition on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nestides.noaa.florida

Here is a link to their website that lists all the tide charts for Florida: Florida Tide Tables - NesTides - Live NOAA tide tables, fishing identification and regulations, satellite based fishing ground research

Screenshot of Tide App screens: View attachment 55110
  5. GadgetRick

GadgetRick Member

Thanks! I'll have to check that out!
  6. avj88

avj88 New Member

i live in florida too and i use the app "US Tides" its pretty good plus it comes with a small widget that you can put on your screen to see when the next hi tide or low tide is at a glance
  7. GadgetRick

GadgetRick Member

I checked this one out, unfortunately, I didn't download it because there were only 3 reviews on it and the app is $7 (I know, not a ton of money). Sounds impressive, just wish there were more reviews for me to gage how good/bad it is.
  8. GadgetRick

GadgetRick Member

DLed this and checking it out.

Thanks.
  9. anamealreadyinuse

anamealreadyinuse New Member

I use NesTides

I use it at least once a week and found NesTides to be the most accurate of any of the tide apps, it's relatively new on the market is all. You can always request a refund if you don't like an app, I love that feature on Google Play. I've used the US Tides product too but found the tide data to be much less accurate. I also fish extensively so the ability to see fishing regulations in Florida and follow ACCURATE tide flow with graphs and nearby tide stations is critical. NesTides is worth the $7 for me if you use it to fish/boat with in Florida at least, screenshots of the fishing regs: http://www.nestides.com/florida-tide-tables/
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  10. GadgetRick

GadgetRick Member

I don't fish. I'm more interested in it because I do real estate photography in the area. Many homes I shoot are on the water and much of the water around here is tidal. When the tide is out, a lot of the are is a mud hole and that doesn't look good on a photo. :)

I'll have to give it a shot either way.

Thanks.
  11. sweaner

sweaner New Member

Search tags for this page

best android tide app

florida tide chart app android
tide app for galaxy s4

tides near me