ESPN Sportscenter App

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
i wouldnt even know who to email to see any progress on it

i went to the itunes app store
and went to the scorercenter app and clicked contact creator or something and basically told them that they shuld start looking into the android platform

it prob will do no good but hey if i dont do it than who will lol

let us know the response you get

HKYStormFront

Reaction score
I honestly just take any legit sports app from espn

there is nothing good on the market for sports

ESPN would dominate it probably like usual :icon_ banana:

agree^^ i've got live scores which works but feels very basic compared to what i'm sure ESPN could come up with given some effort.

andymellon4

Reaction score
I was writing ESPN about making applications for the Android Market also. There is an unsatisfied need for quality sports apps on the android market. You have made many quality apps for Apple's App Store so please make some for Google Android Market. You guys always do a great job and i hope you take what i said into consideration. I would definitely buy the various apps that you would offer on the android market as would many others....Thank you for your time.
Andy(Loyal ESPN fan)

Thats what i sent

and here was my response......
Dear Andrew,

Thank you for contacting us.

We value feedback and suggestions from our fans. Your suggestion regarding mobile applications for the Andriod is very much appreciated and will be forwarded to the appropriate department for review.

For live assistance with this or any other issue, please call Customer Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. EST.

Regards,

Sean J
ESPN.com Customer Care

yeah that worked.....:mad:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was writing ESPN about making applications for the Android Market also. There is an unsatisfied need for quality sports apps on the android market. You have made many quality apps for Apple's App Store so please make some for Google Android Market. You guys always do a great job and i hope you take what i said into consideration. I would definitely buy the various apps that you would offer on the android market as would many others....Thank you for your time.
Andy(Loyal ESPN fan)

Thats what i sent

and here was my response......
Dear Andrew,

Thank you for contacting us.

We value feedback and suggestions from our fans. Your suggestion regarding mobile applications for the Andriod is very much appreciated and will be forwarded to the appropriate department for review.

For live assistance with this or any other issue, please call Customer Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. EST.

Regards,

Sean J
ESPN.com Customer Care

yeah that worked.....:mad:

hahaha, yeah but we have an entire forum of almost ###,000 droid owners. If we continue to bang on the door they will let us in. If directv rushed an app for the nfl, dont think espn isnt looking. Besides I had the iphone espn app, droid can do much better. An Iphone just got the ap not to long ago.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
my email to espn:

I am an android user (particularly the motorola droid). I want to know why there isnt an espn/espnradio/espn 360 app on the market yet. The android fan base is booming and unlike the iphone is on all four major networks (att, tmobile, sprint, verizon). There is a forum full of android users wanting to see it on the market. If directv can put an nfl app together during opening launch, I do not see why espn can not put an app on the android market. Thanks

HKYStormFront

Reaction score
andy, what is "Sean J"s email addy? if we continue to fill his inbox with requests for the app, it's more likely to happen. sounds like it's being investigated by ESPN's "top men" (indiana jones reference there)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have any one posted a similar thread on the other known android forums....the more people email and express the demand for an app/widget the better the possibilities of getting it.

heavyMGS

Reaction score
I think I might shoot them an email as well because this needs to happen. Granted, my favorite sport "college football" is not gonna be back on for a while. Their are a few weak apps for sports but all would pale in comparison to a well done ESPN app.

Bring it on.

andymellon4

Reaction score
i think they all share the same inbox so they can respond to the users emails quicker all it was was someting like espncustomercare................lame

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I shared this with a similar site on their droid section. Androidforums.com. I also will post it on droiddogforums. I figure the more the better.

if anyone know of any other forums, Nexus, hero, eris, or any other android forums spread the word. :reddroid:

Last edited:
Reaction score
id take an espn app in a heartbeat but man i love google scoreboard when it works...from college basketball to italian serie a...cant really beat it...

ncaa, nfl, nba, nhl, and mlb plus my soccer scores...win. (not to mention all the other sports like racing and even cricket)

I'll live until espn gets there s*** together..

andymellon4

Reaction score
id take an espn app in a heartbeat but man i love google scoreboard when it works...from college basketball to italian serie a...cant really beat it...

ncaa, nfl, nba, nhl, and mlb plus my soccer scores...win. (not to mention all the other sports like racing and even cricket)

I'll live until espn gets there s*** together..

I love it too....when it actually works haha:icon_eek:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
hahaha, yeah but we have an entire forum of almost ###,000 droid owners. If we continue to bang on the door they will let us in. If directv rushed an app for the nfl, dont think espn isnt looking. Besides I had the iphone espn app, droid can do much better. An Iphone just got the ap not to long ago.

From the site's homepage:
Members: 28,262

Android is still very young and has very little market share:
Android closing in on BlackBerry, taking share from iPhone – Android and Me

Granted it is growing FAST but until it gets up there large companies are going to hold out and see what happens. It does them no good to waste a ton of resources to support something just because it 'may' become big. Give it a few more months (maybe a year) so Google/Android can prove they will be a major player and you'll see more companies will to take the plunge. Also the rumors of iPhone coming to Verizon are making a lot of them hesitant because they believe that an iPhone on VZW will cut into the Androids growth rate (seing as many people are going to Verizon and the Droid just to get the coverage and/or customer service that's lacking on AT&T).