1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Looking For App

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by csavern, Dec 28, 2010.

1. csavern

csavern New Member

I am streaming from my computer and the url is a MMS:// Any one know of a good program to use that will open this kinda of link for i can listen ?

I Browsed the market and found yxplayer but the stream freezes after a few seconds so was looking for a better app
    thanks everyone
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

are you looking to stream the music on your PC to your device?

If so, look into SubSonic. I use it and it works great.

It does take a little set up to get going, but well worth it IMO.
  3. csavern

csavern New Member

No i got my police scanner plugged in to my sound card and streaming it and i need a app that will let me connect to a mms://link.com
    or maybe someone knows of some software on the internet i can stream my scanner that is plugged in to my sound card via input jack to a http://
  4. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

thank you for clarification!

this does two things... 1. eliminates me from helping because I don't have an answer :(
    2. gives greater detail so that someone who does have an answer can help you!

Good luck!
  5. harrellj

harrellj New Member

Hrm, found a wiki article about MMS as a protocol: Microsoft Media Server - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and it links to various computer-based apps. I saw VLC was one of the ones listed, and I think there are some VLC-based apps on the phone, but no clue if they'll work. The official VLC app is supposed to be out sometime next year (2011) hopefully.