Ti restore or unRoot?

kbeefy

Reaction score
Got a droid 4 friday, rooted it yesterday, got all happy removing items w/ TiBackup until I realized 'Touch Calander' also needs the google calendar sync stuff that I uninstalled. I did a backup before uninstalling, but whenever I try restoring it via TiBU it just hangs and never finishes. I've rebooted several times, tried a factory restore, upgraded to TiPRO, tried the suggested 'App processing mode' adjustment in TiPRO, installed busybox and tried several different settings for that in TiPRO all to no avail. The factory restore came back on with the aformentioned programs still 'uninstalled'. Is there another way I can either go back to the factory image or at least reinstall Calendar stuff? Everything else seems fine but I gotta have the calendar, and would really like TiBackup to work properly. If I can't get Ti working then is there a method to 'unRoot' and I'll try exchanging this for one I didn't screw up?

Thanks!

OP
K

kbeefy

Reaction score
unroot instructions from Dan, in case anyone cares....

Using ADB:

adb shell

$ su
# rm /system/app/Superuser.apk
# rm /system/xbin/su
# rm /system/bin/su

djstinso

Reaction score
I assume you checked all of the obvious things, like before using TiBu you made sure that USB debugging was still checked and that allow unknown sources was also checked right? TiBu can not restore anything unless the unknown sources is checked also.

OP
K

kbeefy

Reaction score
I assume you checked all of the obvious things, like before using TiBu you made sure that USB debugging was still checked and that allow unknown sources was also checked right? TiBu can not restore anything unless the unknown sources is checked also.

Yes, just tripple checked, USB debugging and Unknown sources are both checked.

djstinso

Reaction score
For any confirmation can you look inside your internal memory and see that TiBu has placed a folder in there with your backups present? I just checked on my phone and TiBu is by default on the internal memory.

OP
K

kbeefy

Reaction score
TiBu has 807 items in internal memory, 1 item on SD card.

djstinso

Reaction score
That means to me that your backup is there in the internal memory. Now I have to work on figuring out why it won't finish the load process.

Last edited:
OP
K

kbeefy

Reaction score
So, I tried unrooting and it keeps saying 'rm failed for /system/app/superuser.apk, read only file system'
I tried with it in all the USB modes (pc, windows media sync, mass storage, charge only) and have verified 'unknown sources' and 'USB debugging'.

Any suggestions?

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
For any confirmation can you look inside your internal memory and see that TiBu has placed a folder in there with your backups present? I just checked on my phone and TiBu is by default on the internal memory.
Mine too. I went to the options to chose backup location and sdcard-ext is not a choice. Maybe we have to manually move it over to the sd card?

djstinso

Reaction score
Sorry it took me so long to reply, I have been a bit busy. You had said you tried it in all UBS modes. The directions said to use ADB. I would suggest trying those commands from withing the phones terminal emulator.

djstinso

Reaction score
In order to get things to save on the SD card (at least for vids, and pics) you must choose the SD card as primary storage destination Settings> Storage> Media Sync storage> SD card

OP
K

kbeefy

Reaction score
Sorry it took me so long to reply, I have been a bit busy. You had said you tried it in all UBS modes. The directions said to use ADB. I would suggest trying those commands from withing the phones terminal emulator.

I did it from an adb shell via PC. Finally got everything unrooted, swapped phone out at Verizon and am not uninstalling things anymore. All is well!

djstinso

Reaction score
I did it from an adb shell via PC. Finally got everything unrooted, swapped phone out at Verizon and am not uninstalling things anymore. All is well!

Good to hear. I was one that instead of uninstalling things just froze things with TiBu. But with that said one thing I noticed is there are some apps that are tied to the 4g. After going crazy on bloatware I realized I had lost all my 4g. I unfroze everything and it came back, now I am systematically re-freezing things to figure out the sourse.