Any way to restore stock JB system?

DmdStar

Reaction score
I was in the soak, and after upgrading phone wasn't happy. Should have left well enough alone and called support. But, tried wiping cache/data, rerooting (razr_blade) and trying to restore apps from Titanium Backup, and in this process I must have chosen something I shouldn't have because it's acting kind of crazy now... Media files won't play, "Verizon login" keeps erroring on initial boot after a factory wipe, headphones & bluetooth don't appear to work, and probably more.

I've done recovery factory reset several times, and reinstalled the udpate zip several times all to no avail. Presumably, something in system folder got changed that is making it unhappy.

I have a feeling a jb fastboot would fix it, but who knows when that'll be available.

Anyway... Is there a way to get ahold of a default system folder and replace the one on the phone via adb or otherwise?

Thanks!

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
You probably ran into problems when you restored apps from TB.

Wipe internal sd card then go into recovery and factory reset and wipe cache, then install the update.

OP
D

DmdStar

Reaction score
Hadn't thought of wiping internal SD... I'll give it a shot.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Anyway... Is there a way to get ahold of a default system folder and replace the one on the phone via adb or otherwise?

Thanks!

There is a great tool which was written by Matt L Groff, and which will do essentially everything you're asking you to do. Here's the link.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=239539
DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

You'll want to use option 2, which does not wipe the phones memory.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OP
D

DmdStar

Reaction score
There is a great tool which was written by Matt L Groff, and which will do essentially everything you're asking you to do. Here's the link.

[TOOLS] DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)
DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

You'll want to use option 2, which does not wipe the phones memory.

Thanks, but I'm not sure this is a good idea. First, it's for a RAZR, so should probably not be run on a Droid 4. Second, it appears to be a fastboot installer... RAZR fastboot files shouldn't be flashed on a droid4 either.

Thanks!

OP
D

DmdStar

Reaction score
You probably ran into problems when you restored apps from TB.

Wipe internal sd card then go into recovery and factory reset and wipe cache, then install the update.

Thanks for this suggestion, but didn't work. Really appears to be something wrong with the system folder itself.

OP
D

DmdStar

Reaction score
My ota file is the original, direct from moto. I was part of the soak. I don't think the file is bad. It's just not replacing whatever the problem is when I reinstall it. ... and I've reinstalled it about 8 times since yesterday with data/cache wipes after each.

Last edited:
OP
D

DmdStar

Reaction score
I have now downloaded the leaked zip and installed, wiped data & cache, and am met with same results.

Is there not a way to delete & recreate the system folder with stock default via ADB or other method?

OP
D

DmdStar

Reaction score
Update: Installed safestrap 3.11, and was able to install the D4 stock De-Odexed JB 98.2.18 Rom to slot1, and that is running perfectly. I can live with this, but it's still annoying that my stock is broken.

I'm actually wondering if it might be a good idea to flash that ROM to the stock slot. It's pretty much identical. Opinions?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
just get someone to make a stock jb nandroid, and restore that

Wilhelzing317

Reaction score
Hahha is it just that simple? Hey some one make me a copy of the next android platform. Thanks In advance!

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Last edited: