Thunderbolt roms?

givmedew

Reaction score
had the droid x and decided it wasnt better than the droid incredible simply because it wasn't completely hacked which meant I was limited in what I could do rom wise.

If the X had been completely unlocked well then the X is better in many ways but unfortunately its LOCKED DOWN I am not ok with the way ROMs work on that thing so it is in my girlfriends hands.

I can say this though the X has amazing call quality and great signal it also has IMO the best noise cancelling which has to do with it having 3 mics vs everyone else having 1 or 2 mics.

The screen on the X is crap

The camera on the TB is noticeably better than both the DX and the DI

Reaction score
I just went from the DX to the TB and loved the DX.

Basically every aspect of the TB is better than my old X except battery life.

+1000000, except for the comment on battery life. Before I rooted my TBolt, I was getting the same battery life as my Droid X (Note: No 4G connection).

So bascially all things equal (and setup the same), the TBolt does not have battery issues and absolutely smokes my Droid X in performance.

Now that I have Rooted my HTC and removed the bloatware, I am getting close to 20 hours on the standard battery. If nothing else, Root and remove bloatware yourself, no need to load a custom ROM until there are more out there.

Cloud36426

Reaction score
I'm thinking of returning my tbolt due to reception and battery. I live it but I am stuck at 0 to 1 bar of service (3g). My X got full signal in the same places. Hell my wife's iPhone gets better reception side by side than the tbolt and we were on us verge of raking it back. One question though what do u all think of the incredible 2. I want a HTC device but also want unlocked bootloader?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of returning my tbolt due to reception and battery. I live it but I am stuck at 0 to 1 bar of service (3g). My X got full signal in the same places. Hell my wife's iPhone gets better reception side by side than the tbolt and we were on us verge of raking it back. One question though what do u all think of the incredible 2. I want a HTC device but also want unlocked bootloader?

one thing you might want to consider.. have you noticed the phone actually suffering lost calls or an "ACTUAL" degradation in signal?

I have noticed (and read a few places) that the TB's icons for signal might show a lack of signal when it is actually getting a great, functional,, fast signal...

I am in Idaho.. not a ton of towers and certainly no 4G.. in my house I typically show 1-3 bars out of 4 and always have a great, FAST 3G connection...

Cloud36426

Reaction score
Sometimes I get a window that says can't display webpage. Also while I was asleep last night it was unplugged and when woke up I checked battery stats and under phone idle of was 6 hours and 45 minutes up time with 84% of time without signal. My X never did that. I really like the phone but I think the signal loss also is hurting my battery life. If I reboot it drops 10% no matter what. I am really considering Samsung galaxy s2 or incredible 2. I still have 7 days to return tbolt.

mkjellgren

Reaction score

There is a known issue with 3g reception. VZW is working on a fix but until then try this:

Dial ##778# then select edit mode. The password is 000000. Scroll down to modem settings. Select Rev.A. Select "enable" and click ok. Then hit the menu button and click commit changes. Your phone will reboot.

Once VZW fixes the issue (most likely will be included in the next ota update) you will want to set it back to eHRPD, but for the time being, this fix seems to work for most people. Give it a shot. If nothing else you can always revert to the stock settings.

S

scrub175

Just to add to HTC's build quality... Google chose HTC to manufacture the first Nexus phone, Google's flagship "Pure Google Experience" handset. The HTC EVO from last year still remains (IMO) one of the best phones on the market today. Battery life may be a little less on HTC devices but overall the impression I have from the webs are very satisfied HTC users.

The battery life claim is not a shot at HTC, but rather one of the most mentioned complaints of HTC Incredible and EVO.

Roms are hitting very soon with top notch DroidX developers hinting at their progress everyday on twitter.