Thunderbolt Alarm Problem + another quirk

C5Vette

Reaction score
Thunderbolt Alarm problem! When the phone is plugged in and I use it as an alarm clock, the thing doesn't go off! It will sound off for a second or two right before the e-mail notification if I get an email. Otherwise it just doesn't go off.....My X never did anything like that. I can't rely on it as an alarm clock. I've almost missed two out of town meetings trying to rely on this thing. Oddly, it seems to work when NOT plugged in or some combination of circumstances. Unfortunately, if I don't plug it in at night....I'll have a dead device for the next day......YIKES! HTC---HELP!!!!! Another annoyance is that when it is plugged in...the first screen that shows up is the news subscription (RSS Feed) screen.

WHY? I've soft reset it (pulled the battery) and rebooted it without success.

billvo

Reaction score
Same problem here. Just in the last week, the alarm comes on at the set time Nd stops after about a second. It's as if it was snoozed because it will do it again after the snooze duration. Every time I open the phone after that, the news reader is open, and I don't have it set up to auto-update.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

drew

Reaction score
My alarm goes off, but I hate the fact that I can't see what time it is supposed to go off on the lockscreen like I had on the D1. The lack of the visibility makes me think it isn't set.

I also get the RSS feed screen after unlocking the phone. It doesn't happen all the time, but it is strange. Interested to see if anyone else has that issue.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I rely on my alarm and never ever had a problem in the few weeks I've had my TB. I also don't use the stock alarm. Alarm Clock Plus is the best one out there. You can set so many things for it and it's free. Mine is set to announce the time and then plays a song that I selected for it. It's very reliable and hasn't failed once. To the person who says their lock screen is on, change the setting: Menu/Applications/Development and select Stay Awake - screen won't sleep while charging.

ryan586

Reaction score
Mine has done that too but only seems to do it if the screen is facing down if its up I haven't had a problem with as for the news part mine did it too no ideas why though

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
My alarm goes off, but I hate the fact that I can't see what time it is supposed to go off on the lockscreen like I had on the D1. The lack of the visibility makes me think it isn't set.

There is a lil alarm clock in the notification bar when it's set.

drew

Reaction score

Yes..I know...I just wish the time of the alarm shows on the stock lockscreen. Had that on my D1. So far it hasn't failed, but I might look at a different alarm app.

My problem might get better once the mythical docks get released and it goes into "desk clock" mode. I believe it shows the alarm on the screen then (and not just the icon in the notification bar.

dirtyfingers

Reaction score

Yes..I know...I just wish the time of the alarm shows on the stock lockscreen. Had that on my D1. So far it hasn't failed, but I might look at a different alarm app.

My problem might get better once the mythical docks get released and it goes into "desk clock" mode. I believe it shows the alarm on the screen then (and not just the icon in the notification bar.

Use the aosp lockscreen, then it will show all of your alarm info just like your last phone. Just go to system>app and change htclockscreen.apk to htclockscreen.apk.bak and reboot.

OP
C

C5Vette

Reaction score
The alarm goes off for a few seconds prior to an email notification then shuts off by itself. If I unplug it, and check my emails it goes off at the next "snooze" time and works fine.

I just can't trust it though.....and it has to be plugged in at night.....

I hope the Gingerbread update fixes it.........

Hateslinger

Reaction score
Try flashing the rom. Or flashing to a different rom. That fixed any problems I have with the stock thunderbolt.

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt, VirusROM AirborneTB

billvo

Reaction score
I think I fixed my problem... and created another one. Every morning my alarm would play for about two seconds and then stop. After the snooze period, it would do the same.

I noticed that when I would unlock the phone the news reader was open... and I don't use the news reader very often. AND I had done some restarts before going to sleep, so it was not supposed to be active.

I went to Settings > Accounts & Sync and unchecked Sync News. That fixed the alarm problem. But now the news reader won't update at all even if I go back and check it again.

So I wake up on time, but I can't read the news in the morning.

OP
C

C5Vette

Reaction score
I think I fixed my problem... and created another one. Every morning my alarm would play for about two seconds and then stop. After the snooze period, it would do the same.

I noticed that when I would unlock the phone the news reader was open... and I don't use the news reader very often. AND I had done some restarts before going to sleep, so it was not supposed to be active.

I went to Settings > Accounts & Sync and unchecked Sync News. That fixed the alarm problem. But now the news reader won't update at all even if I go back and check it again.

So I wake up on time, but I can't read the news in the morning.

Funny you should mention that. I haven't been reading the news much, and I noticed that the articles were 3 weeks old. It won't update them and I never unchecked Sync News. I even tried to unsubscribe and it just says "Unable to unsubscribe". I get NO news, and it won't let me get rid of the previously subscribed RSS feeds. NICE!

HTC!!!! Please fix this!!!!

2trax4me

Reaction score
Yeah I think the issue is tied to the news feed directly, It worked great before I subscribed to a few feeds. Ever since it has been bonkers and I like others have stated can't unsubscribe from feeds. Going to have to force it not to sync and see if that cures it.

rvice

Reaction score
Alarm Clock Problem

I have the same problem with my alarm clock and it's had me miss one meeting already.

A side note, I disabled all of my notification LED's through the appropriate menu, but the green LED still flashes at me when disconnected from the charger.

I also get sporadic reboots. It seems if I reboot the Thunderbolt before going to bed it will work the first 2 snooze cycles before it falls back into the 2 second bit.

Any luck with other ROM's? I flashed back to stock after I had the reboot problems, but they still remain.