throwing in the towel

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess my family is just lucky. My wife and I both got TBolt's in March. Both are still stock but with different configurations and apps but neither of us have had reboot issues and the battery lasts all day on 3g and most of the day (8 - 12 hours) on 4g. I absolutely love this phone!

My wife and I also both have bolts, other than an occasional reboot (we don't have too many) we love them as well. Battery life is actually pretty good for us.

Jacob9424

Reaction score
I agree with some of these people...to many people complain about the little issues...the only time mine ever reboots is because I leave it on for about 3 days straight. Try rebooting ever morning or so to make sure everything on the phone runs smoothly.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Did you guys have applications on the Thunderbolt or was it rebooting stock, without any apps? I think I may have had 3 reboots, max, in the past month. Some of those might have been the extended battery being slightly out of its strong connection perhaps. With so many not reporting problems, it make me wonder how it is that some people keep getting the same problem and others buying at the same time from the same lot have no problems.

My inclination is to wonder whether this is the same as the light leakage "issue" where some would return four phones for a "problem" that many others would never notice or think a real issue exists. It's also probably why the new restocking fee rules went into effect.

Not pointing the finger at anyone, just wonder about all this.

I'd say that where people report seeing smoke, there's a friggin fire!...lol... way toooooooo many people giving poor reviews or reporting the same exact rebooting and horrible battery problems for it to be merely user confined nit-picking/misuse...
Almost 90% of reviewers from VZW's own website rates battery life as crap to just okay, with most of those leaning more towards crappy... it doesn't take an Einstein to see the pattern. And if so many are reporting this same rebootin issue, there obviously is a real problem and not an imagined one or just plain over-reaction...

I want to get the TBolt to beat these rumors about the tiered data charges, but I'm also going to be smart about it, there is definitely a fire along with all that smoke...lmao :)

Macdanif

Reaction score
I have read a lot of these posts about reboots and what not. I have had mine since the first week of release and had no reboots ever. Mine is rooted, running CM7 now. If it was a defect it should effect everyone. Good or bad luck? Who knows, but I love this phone.

P.S. Stock battery is useless. I've had the extended since I could afford it.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using DroidForums

Last edited: