Throttling

metsfan67

Reaction score
Hello,
I know that Verizon has begun to throttle the network, but I don't know how to tell if im being throttled or not. I have noticed that my mobile web has been slow latley, and didn't know if it was just me or I really am getting throttled. Also, if I am, I know that there has to be some way to get around it, and if so, could someone explain it to me?
Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Install a version Fission ROM, they have the Black Edition, which is as Gingerbread as you can get the Droid X right now, and the FroYo version, both AOSP ROMs, Black Edition is Blurless, Froyo still has all the Blur USB connectivity, widgets, etc.

Anyway, the ROM uses something called Fusion ROM Manager, it allows you to download and install custom boot animations, a tethering patch (allows free tethering with Verizon tethering options like Bluetooth DUN and 3G Mobile Hotspot) and a patch that prevents throttling. I do know everything in that ROM manager works on stock/other ROMs, with the exception of the throttling patch, but it will probably work on any ROM as well.

Also I did some Googling awhile ago, found a little program for PC (possibly Mac) that prevents throttling, couldn't get it to work, though...

Only the top 5% of data users get throttled, exactly how much data have you used so far this month?

OP
M

metsfan67

Reaction score
I have used .428 gb this month, id there a way to check what you used last month? Because the billing cycle just started...

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, but none that I know of.

A

abn75

As far as I know the actual throttle is done server side on the vzw network, which basically means that any hack done to the phone will have no effect on it.

Sent from my DX running DS4.2