This Moto Mod Adds A Walkie Talkie To Your Phone!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sometimes its just better/easier to communicate via walkie talkie. Any place that doesn't have a good cell phone reception like hiking or on a cruise ship can make communicating with others in your party difficult. Walkie Talkies use a radio signal and don't require cell service. The Linc Moto Mod adds a traditional walkie talkie to your Moto phone! The mod supports 22 channels and has a range of 5 miles. It can also handle sms messages and GPS tracking which is pretty amazing. The Linc can also be used with any phone since it is essentially a bluetooth device. The Linc is currently on Iniegogo. You can order yours through the campaign for just $99.

via Indiegogo

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, me too! We use walkie talkies all the time when we travel, hike, or go camping. It would be nice to have this as part of my phone.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I like the idea, cool concept. Glad to see our forum creating more stories supporting these Moto Mod developers. . If I didn't already have a box of unused walkie talkies in my garage (and already backing several other Mod campaigns) I would definitely back this campaign. I truly hope this person / team reaches their goal and can get this into production.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Seams a little Steep as far Price.

It is nice seeing Moto Mod Development.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I like the idea too... If only it went 10 miles, I'd get it for my son so he could let my grandson do walkie talkies with me. I assume the other person would have to have one also (or am I assuming wrong?)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the idea, cool concept. Glad to see our forum creating more stories supporting these Moto Mod developers. . If I didn't already have a box of unused walkie talkies in my garage (and already backing several other Mod campaigns) I would definitely back this campaign. I truly hope this person / team reaches their goal and can get this into production.

I was thinking work. Just about everyone has work issued phones and some of us have walkie talkies as well. It'd be nice to have just 1 device to carry around . When I get a call a truck is about to arrive, or whatever, on my radio it's nice and I respond asap but if I get a text or call, because I left my radio somewhere not in my person, for the same reason I tend to ignore the phone more times than not.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Soooo...PTT is trying to make a comeback?

*CHIRP* "Where you at?" *CHIRP*

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
GoTenna already has something similar. GoTenna can also be setup as a mesh network. It also works with Iphones, Android and tablets. There is a competitor called Beartooth that appears more universal.

goTenna Mesh | The first 100% off-grid, mobile, long-range mesh network

Beartooth

No Doubt there may be others like these on the Market but this one shows the Versatility of Moto Mods. This is an Example of the Possibilities the Moto Mod Eco System can Bring to Smartphones. Yes its in its infancy but so far it seems that Moto is the closest to getting the Modular Phone Right. Now if these Mods can stay in a Affordable Range then no doubt Moto Mods can Thrive. "Hello Moto!"

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No Doubt there may be others like these on the Market but this one shows the Versatility of Moto Mods. This is an Example of the Possibilities the Moto Mod Eco System can Bring to Smartphones. Yes its in its infancy but so far it seems that Moto is the closest to getting the Modular Phone Right. Now if these Mods can stay in a Affordable Range then no doubt Moto Mods can Thrive. "Hello Moto!"
This! ^^