this may be a dumb question but....

ashenfang

Reaction score
I downloaded My Backup Pro for the droid. I did a backup of my apps. Now lets say my phone crashes and I loose everything. How exactly do you "restore" your apps if you don't have My Backup Pro installed? Wouldn't you have to purchase it again so it is installed on your phone?

iPirate

Reaction score
If you go to the market it will show you a list of the apps you downloaded. You can just redownload them

Reaction score
I downloaded My Backup Pro for the droid. I did a backup of my apps. Now lets say my phone crashes and I loose everything. How exactly do you "restore" your apps if you don't have My Backup Pro installed? Wouldn't you have to purchase it again so it is installed on your phone?

Nope. All market purchases are linked to your Gmail account. All you have to do when you restore it is log into Gmail and everything, including your background will reload to your phone.

OP
A

ashenfang

Reaction score
ah okay....so did I not need to buy My Backup Pro then? Everyone said it was the app to get to back up your apps and data. But you are saying that gmail sync's all marketplace downloads? So confused....:icon_eek:

iPirate

Reaction score
ah okay....so did I not need to buy My Backup Pro then? Everyone said it was the app to get to back up your apps and data. But you are saying that gmail sync's all marketplace downloads? So confused....:icon_eek:
I'm not sure what the app does, but your contacts are sync to gmail and apps are tied to your gmail account (you can redownload for free once you purchase them)

I guess pictures are not synced, at least not in 2.01.