Incredible Replacement Question. PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Areslegacy, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Areslegacy

Areslegacy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I severely cracked the screen of my incredible.

I have insurance.

When I first purchased and set up my Incredible I was speaking with tech support for verizon helping me set up everything. He had me put on backup assistant before anything....little did i realize this week, when i had accidentally erased my contacts (i was NOT saving them to gmail, becuase i thought i did not need to with backup assistant on the phone), that backup assistant is not supported with incredible. even says no incredible support on their website. So now I have lost my contacts, and now I have had enough with my cracked screen and I am buying a new one with insurance.

My main question is, when I get my replacement phone, what exactly will come back once I set up my phone again and sync with my gmail?

Will I lose apps, will I have to re download everything, and will all my widgets be gone?

I use appbrain and my apps are synced on that, I am considering buying backup pro....can anyone shed some light for me???

2. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS Active Member
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    yes they will just take your phone and hand you a new one or a refurb. and you might have to pay 90 dollars as a deductible. either way your homescreen, apps, etc will be gone. contacts are saved with google.

3. Areslegacy

Areslegacy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Will any backup type APP, be able to save homescreens/apps/widgets?

4. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS Active Member
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    not that i know of with out root. you will just need to re apply them when you get back the phone. sure its a pain but its worth it to get the screen fixed imo