This is a joke right

misfit

Reaction score
I hate to point out that it seems like this thread is an ad for DVD Catalyst. I have owned the product for years and have been very happy with it. It rocks.

(Looking for a free upgrade.)

Mark

iJroid

Reaction score
Hi can some honestly tell me if it is possible to have a droid without mobile web on it? I don't want a lecture on "whats the point of having a droid without internet service?", its simple, its my phone, that I paid for and I don't want internet service on it. I called verizon and they told me the phone would not even operate without mobile web. I find that hard to believe...I have a friend who has smartphone for at&t without internet service and it seems to work perfectly. Why can't verizon do the same? Thanks in advance for the help. Much appreciated.

There is no basic voice function on the phone. You dont even own a phone, you own a tiny computer with and open-source voip app.

tc1

Reaction score
I hate to point out that it seems like this thread is an ad for DVD Catalyst. I have owned the product for years and have been very happy with it. It rocks.

(Looking for a free upgrade.)

Mark

Meh...I started probably the original thread for DVD Catalyst because I used to use it years ago under a different name.

I have used every video encoder under the sun and none worked even close to how well DVD Catalyst works.

I'm just happy to have found it again and for such a good price....and trust me...I NEVER pay for software;)........but I gladly payed for this one.

OP
jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
To answer a question, NO this is not for a free upgrade. I just couldn't figure out how to get movies on my phone. I tried hand brake and it was way to confusing for a newbie. DVDCatalyst worked extremely well. I was amazed at how fast I was getting help using the program here. I haven't bought it yet but will by the end of the week. It is clear for everyone to see that this guy is willing to help with any issues you may have. Thats called great customer service in my opinion. So before you bash something maybe you should read the entire thread. You could tell that he was pretty much walking me through the process of encoding the movie. I don't mind paying for software if it is good stuff. Just wanted to use the free trial before I spent the money and DVDCatalyst helped me along the way. Im not as tech savy as most people on here so it was nice to have someone to help me out with the process. That is all it was. Based on his responses and how he was so willing to help me out I will BUY his product. DVD thanks for your help. If anyone finds this post offensive I appoligise in advance. Mods if it is wrong then please feel free to delete it. I just wanted to clear things up for some people.

verakot

Reaction score
There is no basic voice function on the phone. You dont even own a phone, you own a tiny computer with and open-source voip app.

Well, this is fine with me since I use the computer more than I use any phone/voice functions.

dcrp1

Reaction score
can a Droid phone be reactivated without internet service

If a friend is giving their older Droid, does anyone know if Verizon will activate it as a phone only, without internet service?

verakot

Reaction score
If a friend is giving their older Droid, does anyone know if Verizon will activate it as a phone only, without internet service?

Unfortunately no. Verizon will activate it with the data plan only, which is not even unlimited right now as of today.