1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

This is a joke right

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by jigsawkilr, Dec 7, 2009.

1. jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr New Member

What the crap. I am trying to use hand break to encode a movie for my droid. It says it will take 38hours. WTH? Is it always this long? I am giving up I can watch it on TV.
  2. Jedijesus95

Jedijesus95 New Member

How fast is your processor? My pc is 2 years old and handbrake takes around 2 hours to convert and my macbook takes around 45 min.
  3. jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr New Member

2ghz i think
  4. ldimick

ldimick New Member

How much RAM? What OS?
  5. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

most likely some other program is accessing the DVD at the same time. Either a DVD player application or a DVD burning application, trying to "assist".
    It could also be possible that another cpu-intensive program is running at the same time, a TV recording program or maybe a game of some sorts.
  6. jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr New Member

Thanks for everyones help but after using DVDCatalyst I have no need for hand break. DVDCatalyst is so much easier and better quality.If you haven't used it please go try the free version and see for yourself.
  7. zegolf

zegolf New Member

The format you were ripping to could have had a lot to do with it as well. Certain formats (Quicktime) take longer than, say, WMA files. It's encoding, and bitrate and all that crap that nobody really cares about when all they want is the video on their phone.
  8. Shel

Shel New Member

Hi DVD Catalyst
    I assume (which I try never to do), based on your screen name, that you have something to do with DVD Catalyst?

If so, could you recommend what settings would work best for the Droid?

The droid has higher resolution screen, and larger size screen, then the iPhone. Is the iPhone still the best setting to use, or should I use another one?

There is a setting with higher resolution... should I use that one?

Thanks for any input!
  9. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

Hi Shel, Yes, I'm the developer :)

As of DVD Catalyst 3.83.4, DVD Catalyst has a few Droid profiles. In the latest update, 3.84, I added another one, and corrected the resolution (was 800x480 based on some specs I found, but is in fact 854x480) If you are using an older version of DVD Catalyst 3, just click on the cat-eyes in the program to update to the latest version.
  10. Shel

Shel New Member

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I'll be purchasing DVD Catalyst in a few minutes!

Thanks!
  11. jedi5445

jedi5445 New Member

Droid Mobile Web

Hi can some honestly tell me if it is possible to have a droid without mobile web on it? I don't want a lecture on "whats the point of having a droid without internet service?", its simple, its my phone, that I paid for and I don't want internet service on it. I called verizon and they told me the phone would not even operate without mobile web. I find that hard to believe...I have a friend who has smartphone for at&t without internet service and it seems to work perfectly. Why can't verizon do the same? Thanks in advance for the help. Much appreciated.
  12. zegolf

zegolf New Member

Simple answer? No.

Verizon Wireless Requires data plans on all of their smart phones. My fiancee couldn't get the Samsung Rogue because they require data and she didn't want it. Just a downside of VZW.
  13. Jason

Jason New Member

I find that hard to believe cause even At&t make you have data with all smart phones. unless his phone isn't considered a smartphone
  14. jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr New Member

Shel, you will not be disapointed! DVDCatalyst is awesome. Love it and you will too.
  15. verakot

verakot New Member

It is possible but you can't use it as a phone. I got the droid and use it as a mobile computer via WiFi - checking e-mail, browsing, skyping etc.
  16. misfit

misfit New Member

I hate to point out that it seems like this thread is an ad for DVD Catalyst. I have owned the product for years and have been very happy with it. It rocks.

(Looking for a free upgrade.)

Mark
  17. verakot

verakot New Member

18. iJroid

iJroid New Member

There is no basic voice function on the phone. You dont even own a phone, you own a tiny computer with and open-source voip app.
  19. tc1

tc1 New Member

Meh...I started probably the original thread for DVD Catalyst because I used to use it years ago under a different name.

I have used every video encoder under the sun and none worked even close to how well DVD Catalyst works.

I'm just happy to have found it again and for such a good price....and trust me...I NEVER pay for software;)........but I gladly payed for this one.
  20. jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr New Member

To answer a question, NO this is not for a free upgrade. I just couldn't figure out how to get movies on my phone. I tried hand brake and it was way to confusing for a newbie. DVDCatalyst worked extremely well. I was amazed at how fast I was getting help using the program here. I haven't bought it yet but will by the end of the week. It is clear for everyone to see that this guy is willing to help with any issues you may have. Thats called great customer service in my opinion. So before you bash something maybe you should read the entire thread. You could tell that he was pretty much walking me through the process of encoding the movie. I don't mind paying for software if it is good stuff. Just wanted to use the free trial before I spent the money and DVDCatalyst helped me along the way. Im not as tech savy as most people on here so it was nice to have someone to help me out with the process. That is all it was. Based on his responses and how he was so willing to help me out I will BUY his product. DVD thanks for your help. If anyone finds this post offensive I appoligise in advance. Mods if it is wrong then please feel free to delete it. I just wanted to clear things up for some people.
Search tags for this page

my iphone 5 wallper hd shelyes