Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
"The Nexus features a large, 4.65-inch display; a pair of cameras; 1GB of RAM; and a dual-core, 1.2GHz processor"
and what the others said.

doublea500

Reaction score
32 gb of ram would be nice though, although after 3gb, its probably doing nothing. those guys cleared it up for ya. ram is the amount of memory the phone can use to access basically. more ram=quicker

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
RAM = Memory...

RAM = Random Access Memory.

Memory != Storage capacity.

The GNex has 1GB of RAM. Most computers have 4GB of RAM.

The GNex has a storage capacity of 32GB.

Corrected, but it's still considered memory. It is after all called a "memory card".

doublea500

Reaction score
RAM = Memory...

RAM = Random Access Memory.

Memory != Storage capacity.

The GNex has 1GB of RAM. Most computers have 4GB of RAM.

The GNex has a storage capacity of 32GB.

Most computers have 4 gb of ram? maybe the current ones but mine does not!!!

1.5 gb of ram, and i added the extra gb in:D. HP Pavilion a1600 Desktop PC series -  HP Pavilion Media Center a1620n Desktop PC - Product Specifications - c00754198 - HP Business Support Center (added ram, better graphics card, better hard drive)

iKN0WaGH0ST

Reaction score
32 gb of ram would be nice though, although after 3gb, its probably doing nothing. those guys cleared it up for ya. ram is the amount of memory the phone can use to access basically. more ram=quicker

My guess is that the Android OS is 32bit.. but I don't know for sure. So yeah, anything over 3GB wouldn't do a thing. And more RAM doesn't necessarily make it quicker, you can just run more applications simultaneously without encountering lag.

Why am I trying to pick fights tonight?

Most computers have 4 gb of ram? maybe the current ones but mine does not!!!

1.5 gb of ram, and i added the extra gb in:D. HP Pavilion a1600 Desktop PC series*-* HP Pavilion Media Center a1620n Desktop PC - Product Specifications - c00754198 - HP Business Support Center (added ram, better graphics card, better hard drive)

Yes and no.. Hahahhahaha. What I meant was that most desktops and laptops which are sold today come with 4GB RAM preinstalled.

coverton341

Reaction score
I have 20gb of ram in my pigeon running win7 64-bit. And to be honest, I couldn't tell the difference after 8

Sent via pixie dust

wolstonc

Reaction score
In the last 5 years or so the media and sales have started calling ram memory, but we used to call hard drive capacity the memory. I guess ram seems more "correct" since it actually means memory in its acronym.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums