Thinking of going to iOS for the smoothness, am I crazy?

OP
J

jefbystereo

Reaction score
Update.

Ordered the motox using the 150 off coupon. I decided that I'm happy enough with the speed of my nexus7 that I'll be happy with it, and who can argue with that off contract price. I'll let everyone know how I like it once I really get to use it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

BrodoSwaggins

Reaction score
My wife owns the I Phone 5. I owned an I phone for 3 years before my Droid Maxx. As for fluidity, I phone has the Droid by a hair. But it's so plain. So simple. So blah. If you're heavy into Droid and Widgets and such, you're going to be let down with IOS. it gets old fast esp to a droid user. I don't think a hair faster is worth giving up a droid and that's coming from some one who a month ago was I phone for life

OP
J

jefbystereo

Reaction score
I figured I should post an update since I have had the Moto X for a week now. In short I love it, it continues to impress me each day. The screen is amazing compared to the galaxy nexus, apps launch instantaneously (in comparison), multitasking is fast. The hardware is great, it feels tiny considering it has the same screen size as my GNX, Build quality is great too, it feels so much more solid than my GNX. All of these things I pretty much expected, but here is what surprised me. Battery life is insane, I can easily go 15 hours on normal usage (for me) and still have 30-40% remaining. Active display is the best thing since sliced bread, I love the breathing notifications and how I don't have to press any buttons to turn the screen on, just pick it up, swipe and you're in. Touch-less controls are actually a lot more useful than i initially expected. I thought it was a little gimmicky but ive used it a few times and been really happy its been there. The Motorola software is genuinely useful. I use Motorola connect a lot to send text messages since I work at a computer all day and Motorola assist is also very handy. (and being able to launch touch-less control from bluetooth is great, I always hated that it launched voice dialer on my GNX which was useless).

In short, this is the first android I have used that feels like its more than the sum of its parts. No, its still not as fluid as the 5s, but if you don't use them side by side its not as noticeable and everything else it does is amazing