things to do before selling

steveinil

Reaction score
im sure its been asked before but what are soem things i should do before i sell my og droid.. probably getting the tb and selling mine but want to make sure its cleaned before selling it is there a way to whipe everything off of it?

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Is it rooted? If it's rooted, ask the person you're selling it to if they want it rooted. If they don't then you need to run the latest Verizon RUU and get it back to stock. If it's not rooted then just do a factory reset.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it is rooted you can also do a factory reset.

Also, are you sending the sdcard with it? If so, format that bad boy after copying to your computer.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

OP
S

steveinil

Reaction score
ok thanks for the info not rooted well anymore was but lost it on the last update. I thought a factory reset was what i needed to do but wasnt for sure and thanks for the sd card info too was just going to take the pics off of it but format is a better option gets it all gone. thanks for the help

OP
S

steveinil

Reaction score
ok did the factory reset but cant format the card do i have to put it in my pc i click it on the phone but it dont do anything?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok did the factory reset but cant format the card do i have to put it in my pc i click it on the phone but it dont do anything?
I am selling my D2 on eBay right now because I bought a TB. What I did was took my phone to stock. I didn't want to try to explain what a rooted Droid was to someone not familiar with it, plus by saying it's rooted, could diminish the value in someone's eyes. So, it's now stock, I took it back to factory reset, and what I did to format the SD card was I took it out of my phone, attached it to a little microSD USB and inserted it directly into my computer. I right clicked and said to format the SD card, and I didn't do a quick wipe either, I did the one that took several minutes to do.

Make sure you back up any info you want to keep on the computer before you format the card or it's gone forever.