FROYO

Standard Version
DOWNLOADHERE

Transparent Pull-down Version
DOWNLOAD HERE

Last edited:

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
UD, Am new to this "Deodexed" lingo, what am i supposed to do in order to successfully load your theme and upgrade to this new 3.4.2 leak? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Last edited:

XDRDX

Reaction score
Stock roms come with an additional cache file for each application or .apk file with a .odex extension. Deodexing removes that file and incorporates that cache back into each .apk this allows us to change images and xml's within apk's to theme them. I would recommend not installing any then till you fully understand how to back, and restore your phone. As well as understand how to use some basic adb commands from your computer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

XDRDX

Reaction score
Duke, your the man! Thank you for bringing your theme ports to 3.4.2!

Any luck on the Blur cardock? Or do you have a link to install the google one?

OP
U

UnkleDuke

Reaction score
Now that the themes are posted, I'm looking into fixing the moto car dock. The main problem is the app uses the framework buttons. All of my themes use lighter buttons so it becomes sort of white on white and difficult to read. I'm trying to find where the app calls those stock buttons so I can point it to ones that are more legible. As far as the google version goes, it's not as functional as the moto. They are really just shortcuts that launch the respective app (music simply launches the music app) and don't provide the nice big buttons that the moto app does. I'll keep you posted how I progress, but it's gonna be tough for me. I'm not a programmer and smali is very tough to read.

XDRDX

Reaction score
I thought the background was chosen by a selector similar to textColorPrimary type idea. It may help to decompile the apk with apk manager.

I will try to help if you need it. Also you can also add the 5% and15% battery increments to the framework the droids x recognizes those values also.

How do you change the text color for the home screen menu when you hit the menu button on the home screen to white?

OP
U

UnkleDuke

Reaction score
It's possible that the colors are programmatic or an xml, but android mostly uses images for buttons since they have multiple states (normal, selected, pushed). But, I could be wrong.

I'll throw up a stock framework-res.apk with the 5% & 15% battery when I get a chance, probably tomorrow. Although it's easy enough, you just have to edit the xmls in drawable-hdpi and add the images.

As for the menu txt. Look for TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item in /values/styles.xml

use textColorPrimary for white txt (black when selected) or use a hex color code.

XDRDX

Reaction score
I have a stock one with the battery changes I was hoping for your gb one because I haven't been able to recompile a themed framework-res very easily. And I will try to adjust that in the styles.xml thank you!

XDRDX

Reaction score
I actually edited it once but the buttons received no pressed or selected state. Motorola actually uses transparent .png's and are using a color selector as color/drawable.xml in the drawable field on the xml. It calls the same selector with the no pressed or selected state reversed of one of the items from services.jar because changing the menu color on the home screen to black when you hit the menu key is what changes the color of the buttons for the cardock, at least it seems that way from what I have found.

OP
U

UnkleDuke

Reaction score
I actually edited it once but the buttons received no pressed or selected state. Motorola actually uses transparent .png's and are using a color selector as color/drawable.xml in the drawable field on the xml. It calls the same selector with the no pressed or selected state reversed of one of the items from services.jar because changing the menu color on the home screen to black when you hit the menu key is what changes the color of the buttons for the cardock, at least it seems that way from what I have found.

I took a stock framework-res.apk and only changed btn_default_normal.9.png and I was able to reproduce the issue. It is in fact a system button image being called.

dxgeek35

Reaction score
How do I get the leaked 3.4.2?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

XDRDX

Reaction score
Wow your the man now that I know that I can always switch it back. I guess I must have made the change at the same as I switched the framework. Now I well just leave that black and should never have the problem again. Or is there something else that relies on that image being white?

XDRDX

Reaction score
How do I get the leaked 3.4.2?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Get the TBH app or I think it may be posted on DroidXForums under blur 3.4.2.