Themers please

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
Can any themer for the DROID X please post "HOW TO's"
here for those of us trying to learn something . I myself Im trying to change the red text in this drop down bar but cant seem to find where .
I tried to follow a way for the DROID but the the file status_bar_extended.xml located in layout of the framework-res doesnt give you the option to find the 08 00 00 1c / I think the method I keep trying n finding which are for the DROID arent the same for the DROID X . can anyone help ,

Last edited:

Growler48

Reaction score
I'd also love to see a tutorial on how to change the text color/font in the notification curtain. I was also looking at the Droid method, but it was a little over my head and couldn't get it to work.

Desicrator

Reaction score
Yes this would be really cool

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

scott021467

Reaction score
RK,
Followed a process on Android Central I believe it was with the 3 xml files but theirs was as you said for Droid not Droid X. I did notice that when you go into Hex editing and hit F7 I find all 3 locations in one xml, none in the second and 2 in the third. I do not know if this is because it is droid to droid x difference. Hope all is well and pm me if you get a chance.

javroch

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hex editing is really NOT the way to go when editing .apk XML files. You should be decompiling / modifying / recompiling the .apk instead. MUCH easier and wayyyy more reliable.

scott021467

Reaction score
Really new at this part of it can you point me to a thread for the steps.

scott021467

Reaction score
All is completed, ran color changer jar last week and mission completed. Thanks bouchigo over at XDA for the help.
aefc1118-3b65-332f.jpg
All